Author Topic: UplinkIRC is Back!  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Inferno

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-2
    • Freedom-Uplink Network
UplinkIRC is Back!
« on: February 14, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »
Hey Everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been here, and and an even longer time since I've posted anything on the forums.  In fact I remember being one of the first people to ever see the forums when it was still considered "Cal's" and being setup by Cal and Yo Mama (IIRC).  But enough nostalgia for now.

I just came by to see how many of the original crew was still poking around, and let them (and anyone else) that Freedom-Uplink's IRC is up again at irc.freedom-uplink.net port 6667.  It's rather breaking news though, so it's pretty dead save for a few people and a bot.

Just wanted to promote it here, as many phone losers regulars liked having a place to hang out on IRC.  However this void may have been filled in other ways since then.  if so, feel free to ignore my blatant self-promotion.

Hope all is well for everyone,

-Inferno
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 08:46:12 PM by rbcp »
www.Freedom-Uplink.net:
irc.freedom-uplink.net #Uplink
Still Under Heavy Constuction

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
Re: UplinkIRC is Back!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 05:42:50 PM »
Just wanted to promote it here, as many phone losers regulars liked having a place to hang out on IRC. 

yeah? where? not on EFNET in #phonelosers.  I sit there with a few bots by myself and every now and then /op Ganagals or s1acker.

Offline Inferno

• Newb
    • Freedom-Uplink Network
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 06:16:46 PM »
yeah? where? not on EFNET in #phonelosers.  I sit there with a few bots by myself and every now and then /op Ganagals or s1acker.

Well I believe there has been a lot of churn or turnover on these forums over the years, as your name as well as many of the active posters aren't names I recognize.  Many of those who hung out here that I would recognize have probably faded away a few years ago as the forums became cramped and "watered down" as someone had once put it.

However this was mostly just a shout out to anyone including yourself to hang out with others who share similar interests as well as possibly rustling up some old school members who still read the forums here.

Having said that, we tend to have an interest in educated users, not filler.
www.Freedom-Uplink.net:

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 06:22:45 PM »
I might have to set up some sort of bot or something. Maybe make a chameo now and again.

I CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, EVER. if I remember you Inferno. I was on Cal's under this name as well as Phreakaholic.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Inferno

• Newb
    • Freedom-Uplink Network
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 06:46:25 PM »
I might have to set up some sort of bot or something. Maybe make a chameo now and again.

I CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, EVER. if I remember you Inferno. I was on Cal's under this name as well as Phreakaholic.

Your name isn't too familiar to me either, I do remember a "Lord <something>" though.  Either way, nice to meet you and your welcome to join us anytime, bot or no bot.

We're also discussing whether we want to bother with services or not as well, which may include BotServ if that's your thing.

I think a lot of legacy members moved to Digital Dog Pound, and another site I can't recall.  It was quite a few years ago, which makes me feel quite old, especially since it's hazy in my memory.

I was a lot more active and around with the phonelosers crew when Cal's consisted of the ANSI Telnet BBS.  Not so much once it became a forum due to the userbase bloat.  No offense to the present company, of course.
www.Freedom-Uplink.net:

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 10:29:21 AM »

I put my bot in there as well. I'll check on him every now and then to see if you or anyone else is in there. I don't have any sort of life so that may or may not be often.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 11:07:12 AM »

I put my bot in there as well. I'll check on him every now and then to see if you or anyone else is in there. I don't have any sort of life so that may or may not be often.

You should post stuff in teh Taco Shack if you've got nothing better to do!
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline s1acker

• plop
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-10
  • lolwut?
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »
Just wanted to promote it here, as many phone losers regulars liked having a place to hang out on IRC. 

My BSD box died so I haven't really been on much lately. But I'll try to idle there more hopefully more people will join.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 02:18:10 PM »
#phonelosers on efnet sucks. Come to #uplink, it's the coolest thing ever. I'll do live cybersex with people. Inane pie discussions as well. Bring a bong. #uplink #uplink #uplink on irc.freedom-uplink.net HERoIN!!!!

Offline lmnk

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-0
Everyone on this forum likes it in the ass
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »
Inane pie discussions as well.
I like pie!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 06:07:42 PM by lmnk »
This post brought to you by: $gcc phreakboy.c; ./a.out

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
Re: Everyone on this forum likes it in the ass
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 06:56:50 PM »
I HATE the bridge.

Offline lmnk

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 08:31:11 PM »
This post brought to you by: $gcc phreakboy.c; ./a.out

Offline sabrebutt

• Toothpaste Salesperson
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-5
  • Ask me about my smile.
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »
Hi everyone, I just wanted to tell you that uplink irc is the new hotness and you will definitely get laid after 1 day of chatting in there unless your name is TaiPatron or notmurd0c.

Your mileage may vary
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:01:57 AM by sabrebutt »

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:56 AM »
#uplink cured my testicular cancer!