Author Topic: The Gun Room  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Niyou77

• Irken Invader
  • Baby Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-7
  • I am the intertubes.
The Gun Room
« on: February 19, 2008, 03:30:16 PM »
Hey, PLA, it's been a while,

Anyway, lately me and my friends have been having a lot of fun with Goog411. We've been calling up businesses, cactusing them, giving them compliments on the blowjobs I got while being serviced, so on and so forth. Well, we were a little adventurous one day, and decided to call a shooting range. I decided to stray away from my usual target city, Portland, Oregon, and instead look in Sacramento, California. Well, I skipped giving an intersection or ZIP code, and I only got one result: The Gun Room. Well, we connected over Skype, to improve our chances of not being traced. When we got through to a person after about 15 seconds, Mike, our favorite employee, picked up. We used the classic first call response when calling a shooting range: "Can we fire rocket launchers or RPG's at your range?" The guy actually believed us, until we asked for a cactus gun, whereby he hung up. So, the past few days, us five have been taking turns calling the Gun Room, asking silly questions about cactuses, penises, and listening to them talk about our pubic hair. They don't seem to realize that if your calling through Goog411, in Skype, that there is no way they can find you, unless they recognize your voice, which I'm sure they don't, because I've never been to Sacramento. Me and my friends now have practically personal relationships with the four employees who work there. There's Mike, our favorite. He was the first to pick up, and he's the coolest. Fun fact: Mike was the first to try and call the cops on us. Then, there's Jim. He's a real asshole. He lies about being a retired sheriff, who's 65. yeah, right. Then, there's Zach, who just hangs up on us. Yawn. Then, there's the one girl who works there, Candace, or Kathy, or something like that. She also just hangs up on us. So, yeah, that's it. I will now share with you a transcript of one of my favorite calls.

Jim: Hi, this is the Gun Room, what do you need?
Me: Hi, can I pay for the range with sexual services?
Jim: Alright, just gimme some time until your pubes grow out.
Me: What the fuck, child molester? I might have to report you to the cops.
Jim: OK, lemme tell you something I told you before, and I'm gonna tell you again...
Me: Why?
Jim: ... I'm a retired sheriff, age 65, and I've seen cases like this. I'm gonna track you down, and give your address to the police.
Me: Hey, idiot, I live halfway across the country, good luck with that.
Jim: Wait, what?
Me: (Friend makes loud noise) OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! OH JESUS, HELP US JIM!!! HOLY CHRIST!!! HELP M--

At that point I hung up. So, that's pretty much it. Just wanted to tell you all about our escapades. PLA out, baby.
But Phoneloser blood marches through my veins... like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! DO NOT IGNORE MY VEINS!

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Re: The Gun Room
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 04:09:29 PM »
Recordings>Transcripts
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +37/-36
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 04:21:32 PM »
I called some guy and I said something really funny and he got mad and hung up!
Huh?

Offline Niyou77

• Irken Invader
  • Baby Phone Loser
  • I am the intertubes.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 04:23:12 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty much how it went down.
But Phoneloser blood marches through my veins... like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! DO NOT IGNORE MY VEINS!

Offline m0rdekai

• IBA IBA IBA
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-28
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:27:30 PM »
um. They were flaming you, not complementing.  Its better to include a recording of your call, rather than a transcript, unless your going through IP relay, in which case you kinda have to use a transcript...

Careful Nod.  He's just a very clever spambot. 

Your moms a spambot.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 04:44:50 PM »
I just came up with a way to record TTY calls.

Place the TTY call to your own phone, then play along with the operator and three way in your victim. Then have the operator read out the starting phrase again and keep quiet, all the while recording off your line.

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline m0rdekai

• IBA IBA IBA
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-28
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »
in case you ever worry about being unloved, dont worry.  I love you.   :)

Careful Nod.  He's just a very clever spambot. 

Your moms a spambot.

Offline Niyou77

• Irken Invader
  • Baby Phone Loser
  • I am the intertubes.
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »
Awww.... No one loves me... When I finally do something phoneloserish, I get flamed.

[/suicide]

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 08:50:01 PM »
If you're using Skype you can record your calls with Pamela which you can download right off of Skype it's self.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 09:28:30 PM »
Even TTY calls? How does that work, whenever I've made them (and last year I probably did it over two hundred times) I've only ever seen the text and had the operator place the call and only heard it later on recordings if the call was to somebody I knew who would record for me.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 09:06:49 AM »
I didn't know you could make TTY calls with Skype. Admittedly I haven't played with all the features and such a whole lot but I'm suprised I didn't see that.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 09:38:59 AM »
I've never used Skype, but in the states there are plenty of online services that'll do TTY calls. Last year I found a post on a deaf board that said Canada would have one now but I haven't been checking up on it.

I did try one time to connect my hardware TTY to various state deaf-relay lines via Gizmo (physically held my microphone and earbuds down on the connections) and did get a connection, but the connection wasn't good enough for them to be able to receive.

At the 7-11 near my house I noticed a few months back that the Millenium payphones can now make full TTY calls without me hauling the phone out there, using T9 word on the standard dialing keypad. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well right now because of the freezing cold, but probably next month I'll try it again.

Offline Niyou77

• Irken Invader
  • Baby Phone Loser
  • I am the intertubes.
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »
Hey, LordNod, you can only make calls through toll free numbers if you don't want to pay too much.

Thanks for the advice, everybody. I will record our next (good) call and see how it works out.

Offline s1acker

• plop
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-10
  • lolwut?
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 03:05:10 PM »
I paid $15 for 5 months of unlimited calls. I really don't think that is too bad considering how much your phone bill would be calling for 5 months all the time all over the country. They have a recording plugin too. And with Skype Pro you also get to make up to 24 number conference calls. Not too bad if you ask me.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 04:55:43 PM »
TTY calls are free in Canada at least. I've even managed to convince operators to place long distance calls from payphones if they think I'm deaf.