Author Topic: the dice in your hand  (Read 4030 times)

Offline spessa

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +15/-3
  • Hey Asshole!
the dice in your hand
« on: March 29, 2008, 08:52:27 PM »
According to the dice in your hand, should I lower my armor class?  It's -2 right now (2nd edition rules, please) but I have the option to pick up a Ring of Protection +5 which comes with 50 SPF sunblock and an IUD. 

ANYHOW, please roll my save vs. paranoia, 2D8?  I rolled a SIX. 

Offline jammie

• You ain't PLA if you ain't dated jammie!
  • Arcade Admin
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-67
  • ibaibaibaiba
    • jammie718.com
Re: the dice in your hand
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 09:06:13 PM »
According to the dice in your hand, should I lower my armor class?  It's -2 right now (2nd edition rules, please) but I have the option to pick up a Ring of Protection +5 which comes with 50 SPF sunblock and an IUD. 

ANYHOW, please roll my save vs. paranoia, 2D8?  I rolled a SIX. 

Dear spessa,

The dice in my hand say that you should totally have a higher armor class.  I wouldn't want you to...

You know, I really tried to fake it here.  I can't think of the damn word when you're in a D&D game and you're not dead, but you're unconscious.  There's like a word for it, right?  I tried Googling "Dungeons and Dragons how to die levels" and couldn't find it and I don't want to bother busting open my THIRD EDITION rule book.  I am also not really sure where it is and I don't usually open it up anyway.  The only time I really play is when I go to Anonycon (http://www.anonycon.com/) since one of my best friends runs it.  I bet he could answer your question way better than I could.  At the cons, thankfully enough geeky people know the rules I really never need my book.

I do know a thing or two about stylish dice though.  I rolled a 2+3=5 out of 16 with my pretty green glitter sheen dice for you.  Sorry :(  Looks like you're going to stay paranoid at least until next round.

Love,
jammie

Offline spessa

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • Hey Asshole!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:20:48 PM »
3RD EDITION?  I never even tried that because I heard you only use 20 sided dice.  And that scared me because I didn't know what I'd do with all the other dice! 

Well, later I guess I just have to make some saving throws for save vs. unwanted pregnancy and save vs. skin cancer.  OH WELL!

Offline jammie

• Arcade Admin
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • ibaibaibaiba
    • jammie718.com
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »
3RD EDITION?  I never even tried that because I heard you only use 20 sided dice.  And that scared me because I didn't know what I'd do with all the other dice! 

Well, later I guess I just have to make some saving throws for save vs. unwanted pregnancy and save vs. skin cancer.  OH WELL!

You usually use the 20-sided dice, but you use the rest of them to calculate damage with various weapons.  I guess you wouldn't use D8s for a saving throw, but I tried!  Besides, just D20s would be boring.  I like having complete pretty dice sets.

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 08:32:30 AM »
when you're not dead, but you're unconscious, i've always just referred to it as dying.  that's in 3.5, though...no idea if there's another term in 2nd edition, which i've never played.

and yeah...even though most things are d20s...it still doesn't stop me and everyone else i play with from bringing eighty million shiny dice and showing them off every week.  <3
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline spessa

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • Hey Asshole!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 11:32:40 AM »
I guess when you have like negative hitpoints, we'd just save vs. death.  And if you made your save, you'd go back to 1 HP. 

AND, I can choose whatever dice I want when I make up my very own saving throws such as save vs. paranoia (perhaps a reflex saving throw but spessa-unique, nonetheless.)

Brad wants us (jammie and I) to play D&D and I told him that it would be full of crazy things like "You find a 30% off sale at your favorite department store.  Roll percentiles to find out what percentage of the clothes on the sale rack are tasteful."  Or "You get your period during an awesome party.  Roll 1D4 for the level of your cramping."  We would rule.

Offline jammie

• Arcade Admin
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • ibaibaibaiba
    • jammie718.com
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 12:48:54 PM »
1. We would rule.  I think I'd get a -6 for phreaking throws unless I am dating a phone loser, then it's only -4.

2. Get this... so I actually called my friend to figure out what the fuck that word was when you're not really really dead, just kinda dead.  Turns out the word I'm thinking of is when you're in "Torpor," which is actually a Vampire: The Masquerade term, not a D&D term.  I AM SO FUCKING LAME.  YES I RAN AROUND THE WINTER GARDEN AFTER SCHOOL PRETENDING I WAS A VAMPIRE.  *hiding*

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »
I put on my robe and wizard hat.  I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman.
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline spessa

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • Hey Asshole!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »
OH YEAH?  Well I cast dispell magic on myself to return to the horribly ugly hag that I naturally am.  Then I cast Globe of Invulnerability on myself so you can't try that shit again for up to 10 rounds.  Then I kick you in the balls.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 10:54:04 AM »
That's not gonna work Spessa. He'll just cast Beer Goggles on himself and then there'll be nothing you can do!
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt