Author Topic: Random quote thread  (Read 3952 times)

Jay-D

Random quote thread
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:36:54 PM »
I love George Carlin. He's so smart and funny. Such a rare combination in todays comedians. Here's a piece that's that is clever and thought provoking.

Share some quotes you like.

"The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete.

Remember, spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there any more.

Give time to love, give time to speak, and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

- George Carlin

Offline PEneoark

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-0
Re: Random quote thread
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:05:31 PM »
"99.9% of men masturbate.  The other 0.1% don't have hands"
-unknown

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:03:46 AM »
"you have to think yourself worth saving before you get angry at someone who wishes to kill you"

--I Am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 07:05:37 AM »
I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany- Ron Burgundy
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline Lestan Gregor

• PLA Bitch
  • 1337 13V3L: +64/-30
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 09:01:43 AM »
"Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?"- Biggs Darklighter

Offline phantom757

• VeriZon's wayward son
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-17
  • CACTUS
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 03:16:44 PM »
"Take yer stinkin' paws off me you damn dirty ape!"

-Charlton Heston as "Taylor" in Planet of the Apes

This is in memorandum of his career and work with the NRA(National Rifle Association)
He died saturday.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:24:03 PM by phantom757 »
This statement is a LIE ---->   <---- This statement is TRUE ... Im SO confused.

redbawxr

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 03:20:02 PM »
"Stop trying to hit me and hit me!" Morpheus from "The Matrix"

redbawxr

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »
To err is human, but to really fuck things up requires a computer." - anonymous

redbawxr

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 03:34:15 PM »
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."  - Arthur Block

"If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?" - Art Hoppe

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception."  - Groucho Marx

"If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport." - George Winters

"If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments." - Earl Wilson

Lots more here: http://www.zutroy.com/stuff/quotes.txt

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 03:35:55 PM »

This is in memorandum of his career and work with the NRA(National Rifle Association)
He died saturday.

Do you know if anyone was able to retrieve any guns from his cold dead hands?

Offline phantom757

• VeriZon's wayward son
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-17
  • CACTUS
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 05:26:17 PM »

He died saturday.

Do you know if anyone was able to retrieve any guns from his cold dead hands?
Hmmmmm. dont know. ::)
This statement is a LIE ---->   <---- This statement is TRUE ... Im SO confused.

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 11:26:17 PM »

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 11:47:13 AM »
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. " - Samuel L. Jackson (Pulp Fiction)

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 11:59:49 AM »
"what if i was everything you wanted
would you still point and laugh at me"
  --"Not Like You" by Lifer
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 07:10:51 PM »
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Churchill

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
Lincoln

"Good guy, bad guy, I'm the guy with the gun."
Ash