Author Topic: "Yes, I'll accept"  (Read 4009 times)

Offline ljc

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-2
"Yes, I'll accept"
« on: July 18, 2006, 03:22:22 PM »
I haven't come across companies that let you say "Yes, I'll accept" yourself. Verizon Select Services and AT&T verified on-the-line, but I said "Yes" and pressed 1 and I couldn't accept it.

z09

Re: "Yes, I'll accept"
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 03:55:34 PM »
I haven't come across companies that let you say "Yes, I'll accept" yourself. Verizon Select Services and AT&T verified on-the-line, but I said "Yes" and pressed 1 and I couldn't accept it.

You can't do it on the line you are using to make the call, you have to do a three way call.  Call your friend, click over, dial the number of the Collect call company, call the number you want then when the person answers click your friend over.  Then HE says I'll Accept.

Offline ljc

• Junior Phone Loser
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 01:03:48 PM »
Verizon Select Services verified on-the-line with the automated system. I can't find an operator who does that. The automated system ignores anything from the caller's side. A 3-way call wouldn't work because as far as the IVR is concerned, you're one person.

An AT&T operator did verify on-the-line, but she conferenced in an automated system. The automated system didn't allow me to say anything - it ignored everything from my side.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 03:32:12 PM »
You could try hacking someone's voicemail to accept the charges.  Or try finding some crappy little carrier that would fall for you pretending to be the other person.  I always had the best luck with OCI.  I just tried OCI's old number to make a collect call to myself (800-288-2880) and it was a real person but they put me on hold to call my other line.  So I wouldn't have been able to do it.  Maybe other operators actually leave you on the line, though.

I don't understand how the 3-way call thing could possibly work.  What advantage does having a friend on the other line give you?  Aside from just having an extra voice.

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 07:32:48 PM »
My guess is none, just that, a different voice on the line to say accept.

z09

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »
I don't understand how the 3-way call thing could possibly work.  What advantage does having a friend on the other line give you? 

Don't really know but for somereason it worked for AT&T 1-800-cal-latt .  But that was about 3 years ago.  Do what RBCP said and go for the voicemail.  Except do it with a answering machine.  It is so much easier.  Default passcode for most machines now is 11 .  1 out of 4 times 11 works for me.  Do it to one of the idiots who "do not accept blocked calls".  They have it coming for being such paranoid nuts. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 09:37:11 PM by z09 »

Offline ljc

• Junior Phone Loser
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 04:05:06 PM »
I'm trying to find a smaller telco to do it with. Haven't found any small ones yet, though, that would let me accept the call myself. I can't access 10-10 numbers either :(