Author Topic: Store Intercom Numbers?  (Read 14265 times)

Offline crusher8576

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-3
Store Intercom Numbers?
« on: June 13, 2008, 08:04:50 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has extensions for intercoms at certain stores. I know that to get onto wal-mart's PA system you have to press #96, but you have to be in the store.  Is there any store that lets you directly connect from an outside line?

phonedetective

Re: Store Intercom Numbers?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »
As of technology today, you actually have to be in the store to page or get on the store's intercom.  Since the Fred Meyer's Prank of 1994 technology has changed.  Back then the intercom was an actual extension that could be reached like any other extension; but with advancements in telephone systems, the intercom is now (in most stores) an add on to the system, kinda like on-hold music.  It has to be reached by pressing a button on an actual phone that is hooked up to the system to page over the intercom.  Hope it helped!
RE:I will stand corrected as I have seen examples where one would be able to get on the intercom in Home Depot stores, but not live.  This is an example where the computer would have to record, then play it back through the aux jack.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:28:19 AM by phonedetective »

Offline Tenorclefninja

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-13
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 02:43:27 AM »
Yeah I tried getting into the Avaya system from outside the "Orange Hardware Store" I work at. Their paging override is 671 btw, from any phone with in the store. I also found out you can forward the in store pages (dial 7 from any phone then #00 for the 'entire store' zone) to other lines in the store so that way when they pick up whatever they say is broadcast on a delayed page.
Thank you sir may i have another...

Offline KeepOnTruckin

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 02:39:23 AM »
List of intercom extensions here for easy use, written by me:

http://www.textfiles.com/uploads/intercoms.txt

Compiled from asking employees, calling store, and ye olde interwebs

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 02:56:41 AM »
A lot of smaller places like dollar stores I've noticed seem to be using a line extension for their intercom system.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 04:03:19 PM »
http://www.phonelosers.org/article/storephones/ has some info on store phones.  Like most projects, I abandoned that one.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 10:42:16 PM »
http://www.techvideonews.com/view_news_link.php?nlid=98886&p=1

I was surfing the net again and found this link. Scroll down to where it says, "A group of phone phreaks armed with a modified ham radio HT take over a local Taco Bell's drive thru intercom system." Haha.