Author Topic: Cell Phone Unlocking  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Krash69

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
Cell Phone Unlocking
« on: September 25, 2008, 08:37:47 AM »
Dont worry I am not here to ask how to unlock unlock my phone. I am trying to understand how a phone is unlocked and why there are people that can magically generate codes. I understand that they charge for them because if they didn't everybody and their mother would asking for their code. but how does it work I know that it is based off of the IMEI code but don't have enough info to even being to try and figure out what happens is it just a company specific algorithm or a global algorithm. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Offline handl3r

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +53/-11
Re: Cell Phone Unlocking
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 08:48:45 AM »
Dont worry I am not here to ask how to unlock unlock my phone. I am trying to understand how a phone is unlocked and why there are people that can magically generate codes. I understand that they charge for them because if they didn't everybody and their mother would asking for their code. but how does it work I know that it is based off of the IMEI code but don't have enough info to even being to try and figure out what happens is it just a company specific algorithm or a global algorithm. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
watch this http://www.citizenengineer.com/