Author Topic: 419 cactus!  (Read 2501 times)

Offline evilgold

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-1
419 cactus!
« on: October 02, 2008, 02:04:38 PM »
I recently got a skype in number, and i was feelng kind of lonely so after exchaning a few emails with a very important nigerian who was about to send me a bunch of money he just inhearited, i ended up giving out my number so i could try to cut him a good deal on some cactus instead of the $199 fee he was asking for his money transfer...

Any one else around here do anything like this with 419ers? I know 419eater.com has some really great stuff, including one where they got someone to read the entire hitchikers guide to the galaxy and send it by email. Theres a lot of potential for fun with these kind of scammers.

anyways, this isnt a great clip, since i was mostly just trying to keep him on the phone as long as possible and talk about cactus.

P.S. Why for you no allow .ogg attachments? This files actually an ogg i just renamed it to mp3, i dont think it matters unless your using windows media player... but i'm to lazy to get lame working in audacity right now.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:09:53 PM by evilgold »

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: 419 cactus!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »
Try PrettyMay for Skype. It automatically saves all recorded calls as mp3 files. The only downside is that it plays the voices in seperate channels. So if you record a call and play your voice will be in the left audio channel when played and the victim's will be in the right.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 04:26:44 PM »
Try PrettyMay for Skype. It automatically saves all recorded calls as mp3 files. The only downside is that it plays the voices in seperate channels. So if you record a call and play your voice will be in the left audio channel when played and the victim's will be in the right.
Just use Audacity to merge the channels. I actually think the separate channels thing is a good idea.
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »
Yeah it is a good idea to have the voices in different channels to adjust for differing needs as far as volume adjustment and noise reduction goes.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline evilgold

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-1
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 12:51:13 AM »

Anything like that for linux? I actually ended up recording the call by  putting my cell phone up to the mic on another computer (thus the echo).

Still i know its not hard to use MP3, i just prefer ogg. I even managed to get myself an Portable Audio Player that does Ogg recently, why cant i upload Oggs without renaming it? With a 2mb limit on attachments it would seem to me like the better quailty vs size format makes more sense?

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 01:38:57 AM »
I doubt the restriction is for any good reason, you're probably just the first person to complain about it.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline handl3r

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +53/-11
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 02:24:50 AM »

Anything like that for linux? I actually ended up recording the call by  putting my cell phone up to the mic on another computer (thus the echo).

Still i know its not hard to use MP3, i just prefer ogg. I even managed to get myself an Portable Audio Player that does Ogg recently, why cant i upload Oggs without renaming it? With a 2mb limit on attachments it would seem to me like the better quailty vs size format makes more sense?

yeah rbcp, stop forcing us to use proprietary formats. the oppression maaann.

signed,
RMS

ps its GNU/linux