Author Topic: Bill Collectors  (Read 7334 times)

Offline Zoro

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-0
Bill Collectors
« on: July 28, 2006, 09:20:35 AM »
I would love to see a PLA show where he harasses bill collectors, like chain calls them again and again.  Anybody that has ever had a collector who wouldn't go away would probably get a kick out of it.

Offline Saint

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-2
  • Krazy Glue Afficionado
Re: Bill Collectors
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 07:36:51 PM »
Oh god yeah!  Or one where you pretend to be a bill collector and call a person and harass them for a bill that they don't have.  Could be hilarious especially if the person in question has no debt  ;D

Colour Your World

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 12:10:16 AM »
Could be funny.  I used to harass bill collectors like that.  Call them up daily and tell them I still haven't changed my mind about paying.

Or maybe I could track down an email spammer and harass him mercilessly.

Offline Saint

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-2
  • Krazy Glue Afficionado
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:37:57 AM »

Muahahahaha!!!  *rubs hands together evilly*

Colour Your World

Offline ryanfido

• I smoke rocks.
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-60
  • You think you know? You have no brain.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 12:13:13 PM »
Could be funny.  I used to harass bill collectors like that.  Call them up daily and tell them I still haven't changed my mind about paying.

20/20 already did that, and it wasnt that funny.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 07:15:42 AM »
Someone already presented an idea kind of like this with telemarketers, and someone pointed out that the average call center employee really doesn't care if you pay your bills/buy their product, and don't really have any sense of company loyalty. They just need to get paid and have an engaging voice/phone personality, as well as thick skin.

You'd be better off harassing the company that hires these bill collectors. Such an idea would include getting an org chart for the company in question and call up their call center as a bill collector trying to reach the kids' managers at work, because they're just too good at dodging their phone/mail and the repo men while at home. The only problem is that it would be pointless if you can't get the manager on the phone, and you can't really record the after-result, like the manager chewing out the employee for not hanging up.

Offline Jordan

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 10:10:32 PM »
I would love to see a PLA show where he harasses bill collectors, like chain calls them again and again.  Anybody that has ever had a collector who wouldn't go away would probably get a kick out of it.

No, but what is funny is to call a collection agency and get the collectors extenstion and name, call back later as a bill collector, collecting a debt. Bill collectors as I'm told, don't like to be harassed by other bill collectors at work.

Lots of cool things you could do. Although difficult to come up with unique idea's. What would also be neat is to call the bill collector repeatedly as the telemarketer. =) "Sir, I believe we got accidentally disconnected, I was saying, how do you like your current long distance carrier?"

I think you could do some fun things, as previously stated, I don't know, always worth a try? =p

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 08:25:58 AM »
Years ago, I had a bill collector calling me a lot.  And I got the guy's home phone number and started calling him at home and work, telling him that I hadn't changed my mind about not paying that bill yet.  He was pissed.  I suck for not taping that.

Offline Jordan

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 08:34:48 AM »
It really does suck to have to use a real name at work. It really does suck. Most companies allow bill collectors to use an alias, for protection. Really, it makes more sense. You can review tax-assessor information in my local town and pick up addresses, reverse address for numbers, send mail, w/e you want! Kind of scary!

Lots of things you could do with bill collectors, just hard to think of the ideas. A third party collection agency is the best, they are more free to say as they please.

Offline nwbell

• catsex and dead hookers?
  • Full-time Posting Prostitute
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-0
  • My bid is five... five CACTI! BWAHAHA!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 09:01:22 PM »

It's called scambaiting. Don't have a link handy, but Googling for "Wilson Tarbuckles" and/or "Anus Laptop" should get you to one nice example.
I am an internet haxor. I haxor the internet. It's a pretty good job, million a year plus bennies. So, yeah.
PLA-Minnesota... "A Distant Memory To The Unfortunate Few" • (206) 350-CACTI

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 02:54:42 PM »
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt