Author Topic: What's up with me.  (Read 5993 times)

Offline Yauch

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-9
What's up with me.
« on: November 21, 2008, 05:20:47 PM »
Hey dudes.
Some of you know this some of you don't care but I'll post this up anyway. Circa two years ago I finished my first "real" job. This was, as some of you know, doing radio and telephone stuff for the Army. I saw Iraq, Germany and that crap hole El Paso. It was good run but I figured I'd do better in a scholastic setting, especially one that the government would now pay for.

I did a few semesters at a slow-ass pace trying to get my head in the game and remember all the stuff I forgot how to do in the previous 4 years. I met a nice girl and was thinking about switching directions in school when BAM, I get a letter.
It basicly said "remember that bit in your contract that was 4 years in 4 years out and we promise to only call you back in for World War 3? Guess what, GLOBAL War on Terrorism. Come on back in you cake eating bitch."

Now the day before this me and the rather serious girlfriend went ring browsing. This quickly changed to ring shopping.  Now after being "trained" (and I use the term loosely) for about 75 days I'm heading back for round two tomorrow.

I hate Iraq.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: What's up with me.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:26:19 PM »
Wow, that sucks.  How long do you have to be there this time?  I still have the Saddam money you sent me last time stuck on my bulletin board.  Be safe over there.

Offline SpaceBison

• Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +35/-24
  • Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
    • Space Bison: Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 10:44:37 PM »
The IRR is a biatch. Have fun! Just curious, what fob were you stuck at the first time? When I was there my unit was based mostly at Abu Graib before it was closed.

P.S. If you get a pass to Qatar, you gotta go see the donkey show! :P
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 10:56:30 PM by SpaceBison »

Don't like my signature? Click on it to make a new one!

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 11:13:35 PM »
INTERSPECIES EROTICA, FUCK YEAH!!

Be careful over there Yauch. For every time you get hurt I shall kill you.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline greenhippo33

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-9
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 10:56:02 AM »
Hey dudes.
Some of you know this some of you don't care but I'll post this up anyway. Circa two years ago I finished my first "real" job. This was, as some of you know, doing radio and telephone stuff for the Army. I saw Iraq, Germany and that crap hole El Paso. It was good run but I figured I'd do better in a scholastic setting, especially one that the government would now pay for.

I did a few semesters at a slow-ass pace trying to get my head in the game and remember all the stuff I forgot how to do in the previous 4 years. I met a nice girl and was thinking about switching directions in school when BAM, I get a letter.
It basicly said "remember that bit in your contract that was 4 years in 4 years out and we promise to only call you back in for World War 3? Guess what, GLOBAL War on Terrorism. Come on back in you cake eating bitch."

Now the day before this me and the rather serious girlfriend went ring browsing. This quickly changed to ring shopping.  Now after being "trained" (and I use the term loosely) for about 75 days I'm heading back for round two tomorrow.

I hate Iraq.

My dad just got back a few months ago from his second tour in Iraq , he is in the Army hence why I live on an Army base but they are already saying he will be going back probably sometime in 2009 but not to Iraq to Afghanistan most likely.

Stay Safe

Offline Yauch

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-9
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 05:58:10 PM »
hey.

In Ireland airport now. Hot steamy payphone pics coming soon. No guiness for me  :'(

nothing else to report

SB: I was on Victory and Balad

Offline Idontlikerabbits

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-1
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 04:24:48 PM »
Sucks man, I just got back 2 weeks ago. Getting out hopefully next month, after being stop lossed for a year I hope they dont pull my name for the IRR. Stay safe man.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 10:23:20 AM »
That sucks, man. Stay safe.

Offline trem

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 01:45:13 AM »
Bummer. Let me know how that tor plugin works.