Author Topic: Left 4 Dead!  (Read 5962 times)

Offline handl3r

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +53/-11
Left 4 Dead!
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:53:57 AM »
who else plays?

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
Re: Left 4 Dead!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 01:24:14 PM »
I play. Well, have been playing a rented copy on the 360. Going to pick up a copy next week for PC due to playing on split screen making it difficult to see when Bill is killing himself.

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 01:53:35 PM »
I play sometimes. It is an amazing game for co-op.
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline N3gativ3sanity

• Lumberjack
  • Full-time Posting Prostitute
  • 1337 13V3L: +25/-20
  • Connoisseur of punch and pie
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 03:11:22 PM »
I play a couple nights a week. Lately though I've only been playing Resident Evil 5 and Guitar Hero: Metallica.
S1acker: wtf do they wanna take my plasma for
Negs: For people in the hospital, I guess
S1acker: they can get their own
S1acker: GO GROW SOME PLASMA NOOBS!!!!

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 03:27:32 PM »
Is Resident Evil 5 the wet dream I've been thinking it is?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 03:44:21 PM by ApprenticePhreak »

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-31
  • 1337 13V3L: +9999/-1
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 05:22:58 PM »
The resident evil series sucks the big one... so if that's what you mean... Oh no! Zombies!! I better walk real slow like so they don't catch me. There are zombies everywhere! I should take an hour aim with my shotgun so they don't eat me.
who else plays?
I played the demo about 80 times...

...Guitar Hero: Metallica.
Guitar hero... has the worst graphics.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 05:32:08 PM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline N3gativ3sanity

• Lumberjack
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 06:09:24 PM »
The resident evil series sucks the big one... so if that's what you mean... Oh no! Zombies!! I better walk real slow like so they don't catch me. There are zombies everywhere! I should take an hour aim with my shotgun so they don't eat me.
Spoken like a true video game retard. All I get from your post is: "I keep dying! I can't get anywhere in this game! It's the games fault!" I bet you complained like this while playing Mario and you forgot to jump, too.

Honestly, if you're looking at the graphics while playing Guitar Hero, have fun failing the song.

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »
Spoken like a true video game retard. All I get from your post is: "I keep dying! I can't get anywhere in this game! It's the games fault!" I bet you complained like this while playing Mario and you forgot to jump, too.
I don't think I said the game was difficult. I'm saying the maneuvering and aiming is a gay homosexual.
Honestly, if you're looking at the graphics while playing Guitar Hero, have fun failing the song.
Graphics matter. Have you ever watched the vocalist move his lips? Or the percussionist whack the drums in GH games? They look like freaking retards/robots! Sometimes it makes you never what to hear the song again because you remember how GH ruined the shit out of it when you listen to it. Rock Band kicks Guitar Hero's ass.
And RB was on the RUSH side of the family...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:33:29 PM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline N3gativ3sanity

• Lumberjack
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 06:56:18 PM »
Graphics matter. Have you ever watched the vocalist move his lips? Or the percussionist whack the drums in GH games? They look like freaking retards/robots! Sometimes it makes you never what to hear the song again because you remember how GH ruined the shit out of it when you listen to it. Rock Band kicks Guitar Hero's ass.
Yeah, RB is better than GH in some ways (like the drums), but Tool licensed their music for GH (and they NEVER license) which gives it MAJOR points in my opinion. And I've never had GH "ruin" a song for me. Yeah, they look like idiots on the stage, but so what? What is going on behind the highway (no matter how good or bad) isn't part of the appeal of the game.

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
Yeah, RB is better than GH in some ways (like the drums), but Tool licensed their music for GH (and they NEVER license) which gives it MAJOR points in my opinion. And I've never had GH "ruin" a song for me. Yeah, they look like idiots on the stage, but so what? What is going on behind the highway (no matter how good or bad) isn't part of the appeal of the game.
This is getting a little off topic, but... I guess there are a lot of things I don't like about RB... 9/10 dlc is shit... 1/4 good dlc is by a cover band... which is GAY. Et cetera. But in RB it tells you which notes you can hammer on, in overdrive/star power mode thing it is much easier to actually see the notes and you can get more of the stuff while you are in it. You can make your own characters, you have more than 2 outfits to choose from, blah blah blah... idc
Atonal apples.

Offline N3gativ3sanity

• Lumberjack
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 08:35:11 PM »
This is getting a little off topic, but... I guess there are a lot of things I don't like about RB... 9/10 dlc is shit... 1/4 good dlc is by a cover band... which is GAY. Et cetera. But in RB it tells you which notes you can hammer on, in overdrive/star power mode thing it is much easier to actually see the notes and you can get more of the stuff while you are in it. You can make your own characters, you have more than 2 outfits to choose from, blah blah blah... idc

GH tells you which notes you can hammer on, and World Tour and Metallica at least have character creation and lots of different clothing choices with which to outfit your created character. But yeah, I'm done.

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 05:44:27 PM »
This doesn't answer my question about Resident Evil 5 at all.

Also, learn to use the run button and QQ more.

Offline N3gativ3sanity

• Lumberjack
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 07:04:03 PM »
This doesn't answer my question about Resident Evil 5 at all.

Also, learn to use the run button and QQ more.

I love RE5. There's just the right amount of surprise in it. It's definitely challenging, especially since it adjusts the difficulty slightly to match your ability. Be prepared to run out of ammo, though, unless you go back and replay chapters.

I'm currently on the last boss battle, and it's really pissing me off, heh.

Offline handl3r

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +53/-11
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 12:12:41 PM »
edit: paranoia
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:16:31 PM by handl3r »

Offline N3gativ3sanity

• Lumberjack
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 08:04:11 AM »
I refuse to play most games on the PC because of steam, but my (or rather, my fiance's, that I use since we're too cheap to pay for more than one) Xbox Live gamertag is Darth Malignous