Author Topic: Installation problems  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Installation problems
« on: May 06, 2009, 05:30:26 PM »
HI EVERYBODY I'M NOT REALLY DEAD! THIS NEXT POST IS A LINUX QUESTION.

So my computer finally died after years of continuous abuse. Fortunately I have finally gotten around to building a new one, and it should be pretty fucking tight once it is working. I decided to install the latest version of Slackware on it (again something I've been meaning to do for years once I had the time and a few months of being laid off has done that) and I guess I managed that all right because the screen said the installation was done. I restarted the machine but after it tells me about all the drives and such it says check forced because sda1 has an error. It goes through to 90% checked or so then says I need to log in as one user to fix the problem, enter your root password or control-d to boot normally. Only I can't type anything now. I can't type control-d, and the same thing happened when I set my root password in the first place so I guess it's nothing. The only key on the board that responds is enter and then the computer restarts itself and does the same thing over again. After I hit enter and it starts doing things again I can type letters and have them appear on the screen not that it affects anything. The keyboard worked fine all throughout installation and the system recognized it and everything when I pulled it out and plugged it back in.

Please help me so I can have a computer again.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"