Author Topic: Foursquare Stalking IRL  (Read 3465 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Foursquare Stalking IRL
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:30:08 AM »
This idea is a combination of mine, Surbo's and Spessa's.  When you take the idea of Geocaching and add Foursquare to it, you get...PEOPLE CACHING!  We're going to try and turn this into sort of a game.  It works like this:

You set your cell phone to beep you when a local person checks in to someplace.  Once they check in, you jump in your car and speed towards the location.  Go inside, find them, say something like, "Hi, are you ______?"  When they confirm their identity, YOU KILL THEM! you tell them you're playing GeoStalking and that they've just been found.  Tricking them into thinking they have to buy you a beer is optional.

Just like Geocaching, you'll have to log your find.  Surbo was thinking maybe using a hashtag on Twitter would be a good enough way of logging your find.  Or maybe we could just do that until I set up something better.  I'd like to set up a website for this and see how it goes.  It could be fun.  So far I've got two separate sets of friends who say they'll try this out with me.  Our first run will hopefully be this Friday after 2600.

Right now our biggest obstacle is thinking of a name for it.  Jammie's idea is GeoStalking.  I really like that one, but I'm wondering if we should put stalking in the title or not.  PeopleCaching was another.  There were some ideas in the chat room last night during the show, but I can't remember them.  What should we call this?  Post your ideas here.  Any ideas about how to enhance the game or anything else would be great too.

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-31
  • 1337 13V3L: +9999/-1
Re: Foursquare Stalking IRL
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:22:35 PM »
If it's a woman and she's hot then she's stupid so...
Say that you're from the future and the only way for her to survive 2012 would be for her to become your sex slave.
Atonal apples.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »
If it's a woman and she's hot then she's stupid so...
Say that you're from the future and the only way for her to survive 2012 would be for her to become your sex slave.

I hate you.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 12:36:12 PM »
Thank G-d. I thought I was the only one.

As much as I <3 Jammie and her idea of GeoStalking that might just bring us more negative attention. People Caching is good though. My votes on that.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »
People Caching is good though. My votes on that.

One thing life has taught me is to always do the opposite of what Nod suggests, so I just registered geostalking.com.  Screw it, that's the best name and who cares if it sounds negative.  I'll probably just let it expire after a year anyway.  Right now I'm forwarding the domain to this thread, but maybe this weekend I'll get a page set up for it.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »
REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY IS A SUCCESS!

Suck it Brad.
I HATE the bridge.