Author Topic: yet another question about phone recording  (Read 1482 times)

Offline immben2000

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
yet another question about phone recording
« on: July 08, 2010, 05:38:31 PM »
Problem: I want to record phone messages, but I want to record the speakers on one channel, and the mic on another channel.   that way, if necessary, I can separate them. (using an editing program, I could do this without having separate channels, however this would not work if there is noise on both ends at once.)

Specs:    The phone I would like to use for this is a Samsung convoy.   My carrier is Verizon Wireless. The phone is fairly new. I also have a laptop with windows 7.

EDIT:  Please disregard this next section, being as the 2.5mm jack only has one channel I am pretty sure it would be impossible. If I am incorrect about assuming this, please feel free to correct me.

yes, I searched google. yes, I read the handy article on phonelosers.org about recording phone calls.

Now that that's out of the way, I am planning on buying some kind of "Wireless Phone Recording Controller" if I could ever find any.    

So question a, if I buy said "Wireless Phone Recording Controller" mentioned in the article and I plug it into my computer, with the right recording software would I be able to separate the in from the out? (the speaker from the mic or the person I'm calling from me) as in, during playback, would I be able to listen to only my voice, or only the person on the other end.

question b,    if the answer to question a was something along the lines of "no, you're insane, recording one half of the conversation is the dream of a madman" then please ignore question b altogether.   so using said "Wireless Phone Recording Controller" plugged into an Olympus digital voice recorder ds-X (where X is any number from 1 to 9001) and later moving said files on to my computer, would I, as said before, with the right software be able to separate out the microphone from the speakers.

question c, how much cactus could a cactuschuck chuck if a cactuschuck could chuck cactus?

thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:11:44 AM by immben2000 »