Author Topic: Finally, phone books are useful!  (Read 4640 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Finally, phone books are useful!
« on: October 08, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »
Building Made from Recycled Phone Books

The books form a ready made, insulated building module held in place with sheet metal angles normally used as drywall bead material. Once tensioned, the phone books form a stable wall into which additional layers can be easily screwed. The roof joists are also made of laminated phone books. The finished structure becomes a kind of time capsule, recording the names and numbers of community members.

I bet the people who print phone books hate this, which makes me love it.  If I were more motivated, I would use Craigslist to organize people to drop off phone books so I could build awesome phone book structures.  Just to help raise awareness of how stupid and outdated phone books are.

Offline Dark_Star_Academy

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-9
Re: Finally, phone books are useful!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 08:26:01 AM »
i've been using this recently to order phonebooks from every county in america to my neighbors house.... one morning he had 8 random phonebooks on his doorstep My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.

http://corporate.yellowbook.com/contact-us/?searchSiteUrl=%2fyellowpages%2f%3fwhere%3dKing%2bof%2bPrussia%252c%2bPA

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:36:00 AM »
Nice, there's an opt out option.  I should look into that for whoever delivers mine.  Maybe I could opt out everyone in my city.

I just used that website to order myself a phone book from Counsel Bluffs, IA.  I'm not sure why.

Offline Dark_Star_Academy

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-9
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:37:25 AM »
nice. yea i was thinking about opting people out too but they just delivered everyones new phonebooks, so i would have till wait untill nxt year before anyone noticed

Offline Kaymon

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-5
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 11:28:55 AM »
nice. yea i was thinking about opting people out too but they just delivered everyones new phonebooks, so i would have till wait untill nxt year before anyone noticed

People never notice the absence of a new phone book.

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 02:45:15 PM »
In my area, when the new phone books come out they put stacks of them in the post office near the p.o. boxes. If they do the same in your area you can get a  head start on getting your stash.

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline 5m4llP0X

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-3
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 03:43:53 PM »

People never notice the absence of a new phone book.
Not since the world works around the internet. Phonebooks, news papers, and all other forms of print media are going the way of the dinosaur.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »
In my area, when the new phone books come out they put stacks of them in the post office near the p.o. boxes. If they do the same in your area you can get a  head start on getting your stash.

I've never seen them at our post office, but I've seen them stacked up at the mall and at a grocery store before.

Offline BaconStrips

• Section 8 and it's so great!
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +14/-9
  • ring ring ring
    • Phone Pride World Wide - Prank calls by Bobby Pyn
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 07:59:43 AM »
i've been using this recently to order phonebooks from every county in america to my neighbors house.... one morning he had 8 random phonebooks on his doorstep My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.

http://corporate.yellowbook.com/contact-us/?searchSiteUrl=%2fyellowpages%2f%3fwhere%3dKing%2bof%2bPrussia%252c%2bPA

I like your style. I think I will be donig the same thing around here.
free prank calls" border="0
Listen to my prank calls for FREE - Bobby Pyn Prank Calls

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 01:09:46 PM »
Alex Carter

Thank you for your interest in our Yellowbook telephone directories.  Our policy is to provide you with a directory that your city is listed in free of charge.  Any directory located outside of your local distribution area can be purchased for $25.00 per directory.  This price includes shipping, handling, and tax.  You may also access this same information free of charge at Yellowbook.com.  Please call 1-800-373-3280 to place a directory order with your credit card.  We accept Visa, Master card, and American Express. If you are a paid advertiser, please supply us with your account number for further assistance.

Thank you
Yellowbook Distribution

Jerks!

Offline BaconStrips

• Phone Loser Abuser
  • ring ring ring
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 07:06:38 PM »
well that's no fun.

I'll still pay $25 to have them sent as pranks just because I'm rich!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »
BACK IN MY DAY we could order phone books to people and have them charged to any phone number in America.  They just trusted us to be honest about what "our" phone number was.  Stupid, untrusting 21st century.

Offline Lestan Gregor

• PLA Bitch
  • 1337 13V3L: +64/-30
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »
BACK IN MY DAY we could order phone books to people and have them charged to any phone number in America.  They just trusted us to be honest about what "our" phone number was.  Stupid, untrusting 21st century.

This. Now I have to buy a tracphone just to post an enemies phone number on craigslist under the NSA section

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »
You wouldn't believe how gassy I am right now. Do you think ordering 25 phone books and paying the delivery man to drop them on my gut will make me fart and relieve some of this gas tension? With our world the way it is, you know, having gravity and all, I can only hope it will work.

Go away, gas. Go away.

Offline BaconStrips

• Phone Loser Abuser
  • ring ring ring
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 08:55:21 AM »
You wouldn't believe how gassy I am right now. Do you think ordering 25 phone books and paying the delivery man to drop them on my gut will make me fart and relieve some of this gas tension? With our world the way it is, you know, having gravity and all, I can only hope it will work.

Go away, gas. Go away.

I wish I could bottle my gas and sell it on like ebay or some other craigslist type site. I know it would cause quite the shopping frenzy.