Poll

What's your opinion on "The Simpsons"?

Any relevant humor is old; it's as if I'm perpetually stuck in 1995.
I'd admit that "The Simpsons" is like a moldy piece of bread in terms of comedy, but I admitted that I'd be banned from Slashdot. XML FRAMEWORK BEOWULF CLUSTER My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.!
I support keeping "The Simpsons" on the air, but then again I wanted to keep Terry Schaivo alive despite her being braindead.
I think "The Simpsons" is hilarious. I also have a sense of humor so stale that a "Yo Mama" joke could kill me.
I like "The Simpsons", but since I'm not the one making the poll I have to admit I'm gay. So I'm gay.

Author Topic: The Simpsons  (Read 3649 times)

Offline tk

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-2
The Simpsons
« on: April 15, 2006, 11:07:39 AM »
Apparently it's the "in thing" to start making fun of Family Guy since South Park aired their 2-part series on the Muhammed cartoons. The problem with this is that nearly all the people who now say Family Guy sucks probably have at least two StewieGriffin posters in their bedroom. Yeah, their humor is irrelevant to the point of intense ridicule, but I don't tune in to Fox to watch Spirited Away (that's what cable is for). Shit, it's the same fucking channel that shows Cops and Jerry Springer. Don't expect a cartoon version of a graduate fucking thesis.

The biggest disappointment was how the site Something Awful decided to sway from their hard-hitting original content to compare Family Guy to The Simpsons. Real fucking original there, bud. Why not just slap a "HOSTED ON EBAUMSWORLD.COM" watermark on all the Photoshop Phriday contest entries and sell ad space to PartyPoker?

But what is worse is how, by some miracle travesty of culture, The Simpsons is completely off-limits when it comes to criticism (yeah, just like Muhammed). Yeah, the show was original and funny... WAS FUNNY... but nowadays it's about as funny as toast (and the light sprinkling of jokes is just as dry). Yeah, I said it. I got the balls to go on the Internet and say The Simpsons is old and has lost its touch. Hell, I'll go a step further and say it lost its magic in the 20th century. The Simpsons was cutting edge in its time, but nowadays it's like rehashed episodes of Roseanne. The least they could do is bring back Married... With Children as an animated series! Al Bundy's zingers could save the worst of episodes, and they still managed to remain relevant to a plot!

Maybe if South Park makes an episode about how old The Simpsons is, people would finally stop hiding their true feelings. Oh wait... they did. It's good to know Fox airs top-quality television.
This is better than rejuvenation!

CountyKid

Re: The Simpsons
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 12:18:11 PM »
The Simpsons were cutting edge, but you wouldn't want to compare a Abe Lincoln with a newadays. Abe Lincoln would lose.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 07:20:10 AM »
You aren't saying anything original in these rants, TK. Quit trying to look cool on the internet.

MegaKitsune

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 07:52:42 AM »
...Something Awful decided to sway from their hard-hitting original content...

Ha. HAHA. BWAHAHAHAHA! I am literally rolling around on the floor all crazy-like as I laugh.!

That was the best thing I've read all week. Thanks for that.

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 07:54:52 AM »
I like the simpsons.  And Family Guy.  Both of which were reruns this week.  My misery knows no bounds.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.