Author Topic: Fixing my phone jammer  (Read 2976 times)

Offline KimChi

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
Fixing my phone jammer
« on: October 20, 2010, 04:02:47 AM »
Hey everyone.

So I was living in China for a little while and one day whilst market shopping came across a phone jammer. Tested it out, and it worked so I bought it for a good price. Anyway, me some friends had a great time at bars and restaurants cutting peoples phone conversations off, then turn the jammer off so they could re-make the call and then... Cut them off again.

A few phones didn't jam so well, it just made the voice go all robot-like and distorted, and it tended to work better inside that out, but overall it was a good device and many laughs were had by all.

So I've brought my jammer back to Australia and I'm having some issues. Basically, it wont jam anyone using 3G. Anything else it Jams away but most phones are no go :( .

So I've attached a picture of my device here, and maybe someone could give me advice as to how I can fix this problem.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So, the three antennas attach to the top of the device, they are labeled separately 3G, GSM and DCS and are detachable as you can see. The black part is also unscrew-able from a silver base. Under the black part is a coil of what looks like copper but I'm not sure. The one is the picture is the 3G antenna. The 3G coil is shorter than the others.

I've tried switching the antennas around, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated :) .
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:12:24 PM by rbcp »

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: Fixing my phone jammer
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 03:51:41 PM »
I'd ask if you tried google but that's probably what brought you here in the first place.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline KimChi

• Newb
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:11:37 PM »
Actually no it wasn't. I've been a guest on here a fair few times, just never had anything to say. When the jammer wasn't working this was one of the first places I thought of. Google didn't come up with much either. I found a tutorial how to make a jammer, but dam that shit looks complicated!

Offline macadamiaman

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-1
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 04:45:43 AM »
I've had a few of these over the years - plug-in, battery, and micro/portable... That one looks like the typical battery powered one you'll find @ dealextreme.com for between $25-45 shipped.

There are most likely 3 or 4 "pots" that you can fine tune to the frequencies in Australia. I mean, little round screws that you can turn left and right. Plenty of tutorials online - look for links gathered in the comments section of the more popular jammers on dealextreme.com.

Offline macadamiaman

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-1
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 04:46:59 AM »
...And to take it apart, there are probably four screws on the top or bottom lid - you only have to remove one lid - and the guts slide out. Remove antennas + power on/off switch, first.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »
+1 to the Nut Guy for being helpful
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline KimChi

• Newb
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 08:14:47 PM »
Nut man, Thank you very much for the advice. I will check out those links and take the jammer apart and let everyone know how it goes. :) .

Thank you :) .

Offline SpaceBison

• Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +35/-24
  • Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
    • Space Bison: Boldly Going Where No Buffalo Has Gone Before
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 04:35:02 PM »
So how did it go? I've got one of these and though it blocks my brother's cell phone at a range of 10 meters, it sucks otherwise. Even when I'm sitting right next to the person in a classroom. Fucking text messages.

Don't like my signature? Click on it to make a new one!