Author Topic: Buy the PLA book  (Read 5015 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Buy the PLA book
« on: December 01, 2010, 03:29:42 PM »
I'm going to officially announce the release of the PLA book probably sometime this week, now that I've finally got all the preorders mailed out.  If you missed the special $10 preorder price, I want to keep that available for you forum people.  You can get the book from my distributor for $10 plus shipping by going to this URL:

https://www.createspace.com/3454895

Then enter this discount code for a $5 discount: HBHQJV9L

That's the cheapest way to get the PLA book, which I'm only telling you guys about because you're so goddamned special.  Here are other ways:

The PLA Store:  It's $13 from the PLA website.  You don't get anything extra for your money except my sloppy handwriting in the front of the book and maybe a PLA sticker if I happen to have any left.  (Currently I don't.)

Amazon.com: It's $15 from Amazon, but that could end up being cheaper for you if you happen to have credit or gift cards with them.  You can get free shipping from them if you order 2 copies, so I recommend buying at least 2 copies.  Preferably 4 or 5 or 10.

Amazon.com for Kindle: The Kindle version is $7.50 (DRM-free) and includes all sorts of formatting errors that you can't find in the hard copy version.  I'm going to review my Kindle files again in a day or two and hopefully get those errors fixed. 

Also, I'm preparing another format for a website that will make the PLA book available in every known ebook format.  I'll list that on here when it's up.

If you purchased a PLA book already, I'll give you the PDF or ePub version of the book in exchange for a picture of you enjoying your book.  Or a picture of your book in an interesting place.  Or whatever.  Just give me a picture so I can add it to a giant photo album for the PLA book.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
Re: Buy the PLA book
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 02:04:47 PM »
http://www.phonelosers.org/store/ now has a few options for buying the e-book version for $5.00.  It's available in PDF, ePub, Kindle, LRF and, for some reason, Palm Doc. 

If you want the e-book instantly, Smashwords has a few buying options for $7.50.

Offline itzmurda

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 06:07:03 PM »
I pre-ordered mine on Sep 14, so hopefully it arrives soon.

If you purchased a PLA book already, I'll give you the PDF or ePub version of the book in exchange for a picture of you enjoying your book.  Or a picture of your book in an interesting place.  Or whatever.  Just give me a picture so I can add it to a giant photo album for the PLA book.

I came in here to ask a question about the ebook, but I guess this answers it.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 06:34:28 PM »

Send me an email with your name/city and I'll tell you when yours was mailed out.  I can also send you the ebook version of it while you wait.

Offline DBK

• Gay people love stereotypes!
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Addict
  • 1337 13V3L: +14/-8
  • TELECOM-MUPISSED OFF@! HAR HAR
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 08:02:43 PM »
I got mine today, which is a shame because had I gotten it a day earlier I could have taken cool pics of it in the commo room of my military base. :(

Offline kingmob

• Stupid Post Maker
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-2
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »
I got mine yesterday and spent most of the night reading it.  I haven't had so much fun reading something in ages.  But...

when I fell asleep, I had the oddest semi-lucid dream(s).  right off, I was dreaming I was sleeping exactly how I was sleeping, then felt someone climb into bed and spoon me. After a minute I was like, what the fuck-who the fuck is this?  I pushed them out of bed, stood up and saw the person run out of my room and into the living room.  I ran in after the person and saw my roommate trying to read a cd cover in the middle of the room, in the dark.  I asked her if she saw someone run by and she said I was crazy (just like Mildred Monday) so I went back to bed, thinking it must have been a dream.  Just as I got in my room, I was grabbed from behind and I got free, grabbed the person (a woman I didn't know or could see) and went back out into the living room where my roommate was making out with two other women.  I shouted at her that I caught the woman and she turned on the light so we could see her.  AS the light came one, the woman changed into a heavy-set black, homeless AT&T phone tech and my roommate said to scoot him out the door.  I did that and went back to bed.

Then the dreams went on for a bit, getting creepier each time I thought I woke up and went back to sleep.  I finally just got up, made sure I was actually awake and read the PLA History chapter until I fell asleep.

So be careful reading it before you go to bed.  I think all of RBCP's revisions had more to do with getting the creepy subconscious programming down right rather than fixing typos and such.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 11:01:52 AM »
A great review like that should be on Amazon.  HINT HINT.

Offline kingmob

• Stupid Post Maker
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 11:13:25 AM »
done.

Offline itzmurda

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 11:33:44 AM »

Send me an email with your name/city and I'll tell you when yours was mailed out.  I can also send you the ebook version of it while you wait.

It just came in today! Thanks. My e-mail address is hitch81@live.com if you have an ebook that can be read on an iphone.

Offline kingmob

• Stupid Post Maker
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 01:13:48 PM »
Now it is done.  Apparently the multiple uses of the work 'fuck' was keeping it from being put up.