Author Topic: Location: Murd0c's house (long)  (Read 3241 times)

Offline CK

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Master
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-47
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:30:26 AM »
  The true power of the Internet hits you when you're riding down a Kansas Interstate expressway in a Japanese compact car with someone you first sparred egos with in an online confrontation born over 7 years ago in the lobby of a popular downtown St. Louis attraction.

The year was 2004 and I was dipping my toes into the phone phreaking world, mostly from reading lots of obsolete text files courtesy of the PLA. One aspect the PLA undeniably helped me was with cordless phone and baby monitor frequencies and helping me to realize their full potential. I lived near where the author lived in Illinois so this added to the thrill of reading about places I knew from personal experience. I decided to track down this elusive RBCP.

A few Google searches later, I had his address and phone number. Looking back, it was an act of shameless fanboyism but I decided to try and bill some collect calls to his house. I tried a few times, once even paying to call him long distance. After a few fruitless tries, the phone started ringing and a voice I instantly recognized as his started to ask me about the owner of the building (my mom worked for this person, so I instantly knew who he was talking about) and naming off the address of the building I was in. At the time it was both terrifying and a feeling of being, for lack of a better word, starstuck. With him on the line was another voice. It was Murd0c. As my mind raced with the stories of over a decade of RBCP causing them grief in various ways, I begged them to not ruin my life. They scoffed and I left, trying to forget what happened. But I kept reading and delved deeper into the scene.

Almost 7 years later, I'm in a late model sedan moving at 75 mph towards a Kansas City suburb. Murd0c is behind the wheel and I am eating corndogs from QT. The world headquarters of Sprint lies in the distance, beyond a snow covered field. The wind is blowing snow across the beams of light, making the whole image flicker and fade. Murd0c adjusts his telco lineman's hat as he turns off the main road onto a service vehicle path. "We should be alone tonight. They're not scheduled to check this substation until next week." As we around the bend, I see a massive cellphone tower at the base of which is a small white building with dishes sticking out of it. "Let's go" he said as he parked the car and turned it off.                                                                       
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:45:37 AM by CK »
But do you have ample parking? That is the question.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
Re: Location: Murd0c's house (long)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:45:32 AM »
Lord have mercy!

Offline DBK

• Gay people love stereotypes!
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Addict
  • 1337 13V3L: +14/-8
  • TELECOM-MUPISSED OFF@! HAR HAR
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 01:30:57 AM »
Thank you for leaving all of the gay sex out of the story.

Offline judasiscariot

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-3
  • fuck your worthless god
    • xda-developers
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 07:28:05 AM »
  Almost 7 years later, I'm in a late model sedan moving at 75 mph towards a Kansas City suburb. Murd0c is behind the wheel and I am eating corndogs from QT.                                                           

If you aren't playing ice cream truck music, then you're not doing it right. 
"Anyone with a guy throwing a middle finger for an avatar is a 1st class douchbag." - SadDay

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »
  Almost 7 years later, I'm in a late model sedan moving at 75 mph towards a Kansas City suburb. Murd0c is behind the wheel and I am eating corndogs from QT.                                                           

If you aren't playing ice cream truck music, then you're not doing it right.

DAMN RIGHT!

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »
What exactly is a late model sedan?

Is it a sedan that tried to make it in the fashion industry but was too body-conscious and ended up anorexic, starving itself to try and make itself look like a coupe but, no, it was a sedan after all and it gave up its last exhausted breath and collapsed onto the floor like crumpled old paper, under the bed, forgotten by the world?

And so you were actually in this late model sedan?

You're a necrophiliac, you know that?

Offline orangecrush

• PLA 559
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
    • celebrity pictures
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 09:48:26 AM »
Such a heart warming story......