Author Topic: Suggestions for phone recording equipment  (Read 2977 times)

Offline MindRiot

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-2
Suggestions for phone recording equipment
« on: October 09, 2006, 10:46:34 AM »

I now currently have  a few corporate cell phones (blackberries) that were "lost"  and Ive been making non stop calls.

Any good suggestions of a recorder for these phones. Ive made too many pranks that have gone unrecorded.  Basically Im looking for a recording device that can be plugged into a headset jack on a normal cell.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Suggestions for phone recording equipment
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 01:13:01 PM »
Take a look at my Recording Phone Calls page and scroll down to the wireless phone recorder thing.  It works for any cellular phone that has the standard headset jack on it.

Another device that I don't have up on that page yet is Radio Shack's Olympus Mini Tele-Recording Device.  I just bought one a month ago and used it for recording the pay phone calls on PLA Radio #12.  You put it in your ear and it looks like you're just wearing a normal cell phone earpiece.  But it only plugs into your recording device.  It doesn't actually plug into the cell phone.  It records whatever electronic device that you happen to put up to your ear.  It's just like the suction cup induction coil, but it's stuck in your ear instead of to the back of the phone's handset.

The only problem I had with it, though, was that it didn't pick up MY voice very well.  So I used it alongside one of those "tie clip" microphones.  The combination of the two worked great.  It seems to pick up my voice okay on my own home and cell phone, though, so maybe the pay phone I was at just sucked.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 01:15:10 PM by rbcp »

Offline MindRiot

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-2
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 07:00:14 AM »
Yea I bought that a while back, it died twice and Im on my 3rd replacement.  Its good but not durable.

What Im wondering is if there is something that could have two jacks out, one to go in the microphone to record and one that would be an audio output, so I could use soundboards and sound effects. Currently I use speakerphone and turn the volume up on the speaker of the laptop. 

(insert The Price is Right losing horn sound here)  ;D ???

Offline starbucks95905

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-10
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 01:06:21 PM »
well i dont know of any regular phone recording devices but i do know of a few skype call recorders that you can download, some free, some are like 10$, i honestly havent tried any but those will probably work