Author Topic: PLAdcast  (Read 4549 times)

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
PLAdcast
« on: October 14, 2006, 10:05:38 AM »
Ok, after responding last night to the "What the hell is a podcast?" thread and getting some encouragement from SOME PEOPLE, I have decided that podcasting is a glove that I will try on.

PLAdcast is just a stupid idea I had one night that I never really considered seriously until now. The idea is, you take everyone from the PLA and make a podcast. Because every podcast is based around prank calls, I'd like to try to get it to at least 50% not prank calls, and include phone news, stuff like that, but really anything decent that someone would like to appear on the 'cast I'd be willing to put in. You can kind of think of it as a mix between UPL issues and PLA Radio.

So, if you guys have any ideas, post them here! Send them to me over AIM! Because of some wacky firewalls, I might suggest that you upload mp3 files to a hosting site and send me the link. I want all the PLA band to have a hand in this: Neep, Raptor, Gangals, Ghostman, Linear; everyone that frequents the site!

C'mon guys, let's prove to the world that anything not made by Brad isn't necessarily boring and stupid!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:27:28 PM by frog »
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
Re: PLAdcast
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 10:16:23 AM »
I contacted Frog about doing a segment on soundboard pranks, So i have that covered! :)
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline frog

• PLA Henchman
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 06:15:42 AM »
Can you say "bump"?

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 07:25:59 AM »
I'd contribute if I had an idea for something good that I thought I could do.  Which is why, as I stated in the other thread, I'll probably never do a podcast: no good ideas for a podcast.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline frog

• PLA Henchman
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 08:04:54 AM »
I'd contribute if I had an idea for something good that I thought I could do.  Which is why, as I stated in the other thread, I'll probably never do a podcast: no good ideas for a podcast.

It doesn't really matter what it is. You could talk about the history of switching systems, just do something. I'm going to do a section on beige-boxing: I just went through the forums, found what a lot of noobs were asking about, and figured it would be good to compile all those discussions together and just send them to the podcast after that. You could do the same (Skype and being traced is a common noob topic...)

On top of that, I just remembered that we'll need someone to cover HTML for the website! I'm thinking we can just buddybuddy onto awardspace like CellCast, but I tend to be a little aesthetically challenged. Anyone who would volunteer for that, you be the hero.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:17:15 AM by frog »