Author Topic: House Arrest  (Read 5472 times)

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
House Arrest
« on: March 17, 2012, 07:15:07 PM »
Well I am now officially on house arrest. So far I have discovered that the company behind the device is www.elmotech.com and mine is a proximity monitor. They are supposed to upload my work schedule to the device (which they insist on calling a download) and then if I am out of range (limit in feet?) after curfew, the device should alert and dial out, but it is not functioning properly. When the lady came to install the device it "hung" and they have had me do a bit of troubleshooting since then to try and get the device to connect. Their idea of troubleshooting so far was to place the device on a wooden table (specifically not glass or metal) and to unplug the cordless phone from the rear phone jack (which for some reason still has a DSL filter attached altho I have not had DSL on that line in over 4 years, yet am reluctant to remove the filter - sentimental or just mental, not quite sure ATM). The device is still hung, but they are so proud that there are two green lights glowing on the back they have yet to ask me to reboot by pulling the plug.

Other information I have learned so far:

PROTOCOL SVCS A       (xxx)820-49xx
is the number from which they call to connect to my device. After my device answers, the touch-tones "1391" are heard which I assume is to either access the device or initiate a data transfer.

If you dial this number, you are connected to the voice verification system which is another service offered by elmotech. The automated system will ask for you to enter your "assigned number" and then proceed to verify that you are you. I do not have an assigned number, but it would be fun to guess a few.

House Arrest Se         (xxx)773-51xx
                                   (xxx)773-19xx
                                   (xxx)773-05xx
are the numbers of the nice lady who was trying to initiate the data transfer and who was kind enough to help me troubleshoot the device.

I am still somewhat tied to the halfway house (which I will one day post numbers and info because I think they would be fun to prank... I even have a case managers cell phone number now  ;D) Everyone except the director is a good fun person and would enjoy some random hilarity. The director? I would enjoy some timely retribution and revenge against, but that is another topic alltogether.

If anyone has any information about these devices, wants to compare notes, or has any ideas about hacking or tapping into to collect some more information, I'm game. The device did try to call out once and I had the receiver off the hook to hear the number but didn't catch it all. That would be a fun phone number to have as well.

HACK THE PLANET!  :nonsense:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:58:22 AM by rbcp »
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
Re: House Arrest
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 05:55:08 AM »
Looks like the one I had to wear in 2002. Unless you're really interested in going back to prison, I'd probably NOT post this kind of stuff to public forums.

YOU DONT HACK A BANK ACROSS STATE LINES, WHERE ARE YOUR BRAINS? IN YOUR ASS?

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 06:18:18 AM »
I had asked Brad first... didn't know where else to post it but thought it might be interesting information to someone. Is there a better place to move this to? If not feel free to delete it for me.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »
When I got mine taken off, it had apparently been deactivated for two whole weeks prior and no one bothered to tell me until some jerk from the county came to pick up the phone box and my ankle monitor, not realizing that it was still on my ankle.

Are you allowed out for anything else besides school and/or work? I got in trouble once because I walked up the street to get my haircut. Damn the man.

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »
I still have to go to the halfway house twice a week to give them 33% of my check and fill out passes. I can only have one "pass" a day other than work. Four one-hour passes for M-F, and a two-hour pass each for Sat and Sun, but they all have to be preapproved a week in advance and they can only be for a store or restaurant where I can bring back a receipt for atendance verification. Also I have to call the HWH between 8-9am and 8-9pm and they will call me randomly throughout the day and night to make sure I am home... which begs the question why the ankle monitor in the first place?

Do you remember your box having three lights on it? I'm wondering if the one in the middle ever comes on because it looks like an LED there. Also appears to have an infrared port on back. Also, I accidentaly killed power to the box earlier but quickly turned it back on. It beeped when power failed, but came back on with the same two lights when power returned.

You should have worn an aluminum boot then they couldn't have tracked you to the haircut place!  :nonsense:

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 08:59:11 AM »
The box I had didn't look like your box. I can't even remember the company name, this was like ten years ago. I remember it looking like a rectangular cable box with clean edges. There were three LEDs on front, if I remember correctly, one was power, the other was the phone line and I assume the third was data being transferred.

Is this part of your parole? How long do you have to wear your Hollywood sock?

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »
I only have to wear it until April 20th, then I go to normal federal probation. I have already talked to my PO and things are going to be a lot easier. I mean, I have no history of violence or drugs so I am not their highest concern. And I'm really NOT trying to mess up or do anything illegal anymore, I just want to have the freedom to move when I need to and to take care of business, go shopping or whatever. My dad passed while I was away and I still have a lot to deal with all of that... I haven't even begun yet. 

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »
Great, thanks for making me care about your stupid situation. At least it's only a month of electronic monitoring, I had it for six months.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 10:01:50 AM »
Thanks for posting the pics and info.  I've never seen one of these or read about them, so it's kind of interesting to me.  I x'ed out the phone numbers from your original post, just because I'd hate to see you get in trouble for expressing an interest in hacking it.  I know I worry too much, but forum members here have gotten each other in all kinds of trouble, just for the hell of it.

Feel free to edit them back in if you're 100% sure that they can't be tracked back to you.