Author Topic: Pi Phone  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Heavy Devi

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
Pi Phone
« on: April 25, 2014, 06:27:44 PM »
I'm sure some of you here may already be aware, a Raspberry Pi with an added touch screen and some kind of GSM port. I'm also aware of some version of Asterix running on Raspberry Pi's. I guess I'm just theorizing aloud if there would be a way to combine Asterix into some kind of GSM/Card format to make a cellular Asterix? I understand though that cell towers are pretty much proprietary and linked to a company.

I'm a total n00b though in this field and will likely be schooled severely.
But it was just a brainstorm. I suppose using Skype on a phone would completely defeat the reason for even attempting to look into this further.

http://piweekly.net/telephone/

Offline Deception

• Corporate Associate
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
  • Disseminating information
Re: Pi Phone
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 10:40:28 AM »
I've installed asterisk on my Raspberry Pi but haven't bothered setting it up yet.  I plan to soon, I have the original one with only 512kb of ram.  Installing it is as easy as running apt-get install asterisk on the RasPI distro (it's obviously debian).  It installs and runs fine, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work.  I've also read where others are running it without issue.

I'll have to look into the GSM devices.  To further theorize, check into fake cell towers to intercept calls, the same hardware should work.  There should be some vids about it.  There was a talk at defcon a couple years or so ago.  I know there's at least a power point document with the details.  If I run across it and remember, I'll drop a link to it in here.