Author Topic: help required again!  (Read 2562 times)

help required again!
« on: November 06, 2006, 05:05:03 AM »
Lo mates!

Here I am full of doubts once again...
This time, I'm looking for a free-ware anti spam tool mostly known as spam filtering.
I've been searching and I've found many but my question is if any of you tried any, can you give me a really short overview? my primary concern is if will work with several PC's.
Well I will be waiting for some answer.

Thanks before hands!

FB
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:07:34 AM by FB »

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
Re: help required again!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 06:23:08 AM »
Are you looking for Client or Server side software?

For client with POP3 & SMTP I just use Mozilla Thunderbird, as my mail client, as it has an adaptive spam filter included.

Re: help required again!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 07:06:47 AM »
Server side, you see the cheap bastards than run the CO where I work are tired of Spam and they didn't like my idea of getting a Barracuda box, so they are looking for freeware solutions and guess who's in charge of the search... Yes! Lord Fake bloody British.
I had been looking and the followings look quite promising:

SPAMAWARE
SPAMPAL
SPAMBAYES
Spamihilator
Spam experts (home)
K9
EMAILSPY
http://www.dirfile.com/no_spam_today__spam_filter_for_mail_servers.htm

Specially the last one. If you know about any please let me know since once I've got it I will need to find the way of integrate it with the NTLM server and that will be simply a pain in the ass.
I know that some of the above are client side but the interfaces look pretty friendly and lamentably everything on server side is expensive and as I said the idea is to get it for free.
Mark my words, never get your ass into a Dutch CO

FB
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:10:11 AM by FB »