Author Topic: Blockbuster Employees Getting Smarter? Oh no!  (Read 8416 times)

z09

Blockbuster Employees Getting Smarter? Oh no!
« on: May 13, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »
I have been using Blockbuster to get information on people for along time now.  I leanred about it when I saw an artical about it in an old PLA issue.  Now ever since RBCP has made his podcast I have noticed it is alot harder to get information out of blockbuster.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Before the podcast I could get the information I needed all the time.  Now only about 1/5 times I can get it.  Most in my area, Orange County, go "Oh, well we can't give out your information over the phone, you need an id."  And one of them even said, "Yeah, that is the oldest trick in the book you little phreak be more origanal." 

I have two explainations for this. 

1. Someone at Coperate Blockbuster heard this and sent out a memo

2. Since this came out more and more people started to this and blockbuster employees are getting smarter realising that 200 people arn't moving in a week.

MegaKitsune

Re: Blockbuster Employees Getting Smarter? Oh no!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 06:37:10 PM »
I have been using Blockbuster to get information on people for along time now.  I leanred about it when I saw an artical about it in an old PLA issue.  Now ever since RBCP has made his podcast I have noticed it is alot harder to get information out of blockbuster.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Before the podcast I could get the information I needed all the time.  Now only about 1/5 times I can get it.  Most in my area, Orange County, go "Oh, well we can't give out your information over the phone, you need an id."  And one of them even said, "Yeah, that is the oldest trick in the book you little phreak be more origanal." 

I have two explainations for this. 

1. Someone at Coperate Blockbuster heard this and sent out a memo

2. Since this came out more and more people started to this and blockbuster employees are getting smarter realising that 200 people arn't moving in a week.

I woudn't blame the podcasts, the info has been available on the web for quite some time, I'm SURE at least ONE Blockbuster employee read the issue. No, I blame the paranoia that comes from a post-9/11 world, in which we live in tightened security that gets tighter everyday. I doubt it's the podcasts.

z09

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 07:03:05 PM »
Yeah, but it has always worked fine for me before.  Has anybody else had this problem.  This is mainly directed to RBCP who has done this before.  Have you noticed a difference?

MegaKitsune

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 07:43:45 PM »
Yeah, but it has always worked fine for me before.

Maybe you did it too much, and they got suspicious...

z09

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 09:22:57 PM »
Maybe you did it too much, and they got suspicious...

No I never do it more than once on a store in a month.  I have tried many different stores in many different states.  They all say you need photo id inorder to get any peice of information off the account.  The Book Stores still work though.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 07:54:45 AM »
Here's my 29 minute long answer!

http://www.phonelosers.org/radio/plaradio08.mp3

MegaKitsune

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 09:20:44 AM »
Here's my 29 minute long answer!

http://www.phonelosers.org/radio/plaradio08.mp3

DUDE, you HAVE TO MAKE an EXTENDED version of that "Cactus, cactus PLA incorporated" mix! IT'S AWESOME!!! What software did you make that with?

Oh and Z09, YOU GOT PUNKED MAN! YOU GOT PWND!!!

z09

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 09:46:12 AM »
RBCP your rule!  And you have way to much time on your hands.  Anyway it was funny hearing all the steets I am fimilar with and you fumbling with them.  To be honest I didn't really try that many stores here in Orange County I tried five of them in my area.  Which ones did not work for your the first time?  Did it happen to be the one of Valley View street?

Also it turns out that  my caller id spoofing meathod stopped working, I would say some time ago so that might have added to it.  I have always used an 99 cent store calling card to get the "Out of Area" message on the caller id.  As it turns out they started forwarding ANI about three months ago.  So everytime I called someone or a store my caller id showed up.  That might have made them suspisous when I caledl up 5 times a week claiming to be someone else.  I actually learned the hard way it stopped working when I called a Blockbuster in New York.  They were shocked saying,"Why are you calling from california?"  "Davis?  We show your name is George Brie*."  I thought, "Oh, SHIT!"  Then I called up an ANAC and heard my phone number being announced.  I called up my house and saw "Brie* George" on the call waiting caller id.  I called up the calling card company and they told me that they started forwarding ANI 3 months ago.  That all happened last night at about 9:00 by the way.

So I try it again using *67 and it works.  All the time.  So I guess that was my problem. 

PMS: By the way RBCP,"I DON'T CARE!  I JUST REALLY DON'T CARE AHHHHHHH!  AHHHHHH!"   

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 09:56:06 AM »
You big liar, telling me you were trying like 15 of them in that email!  ;)  I was going to just turn all the calls I made into one episode.  But that would have been really boring since they were all basically the same.  So I just picked the good ones.

z09

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 10:19:17 AM »
You big liar, telling me you were trying like 15 of them in that email!  ;)  I was going to just turn all the calls I made into one episode.  But that would have been really boring since they were all basically the same.  So I just picked the good ones.

Yeah but which ones didn't work for you.  It kinda sucks that my caller id wasn't hidden when I did this.  I am problaly red-flagged on all of Blockbuster's computer systems now.

MegaKitsune

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 10:59:24 AM »

That was a SERIOUSLY good call man, PLEASE make a longer evrsion of the cactus song! Pwease? =^_^=

Offline lmnk

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 08:32:45 PM »
I think it is somewhere in the 'blockbuster standard operating proceadure' not to give that kind of info out.  However Blockbuster's corperate policies suck ass, and between the employees that don't know or don't care about the rules, you can get the info from them.

edit: I thought I had something that RBCP hadn't tried, but apparently he did.  Very compleate.

By the way, the corperate offices are in Dallas, Texas

The login and passwords that you got are actually useless, so useless that you only need it to unlock one register, useally the one that doesn't have a till.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 10:03:02 PM by lmnk »
This post brought to you by: $gcc phreakboy.c; ./a.out

z09

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 08:47:22 PM »
A trick on gather information off of a phone number I use is Von's or Sam's club.  Here in OC there is a "rewards club" that most stores use.  You give them your phone number and sign up for an account.  Then after 10 purchaces you get a dollar off or something.

So anyway when you are at one of thoes stores tell them you have a rewards card.  They will ask you for your card and you just say,"Oh, I forgot mine."  They will ask for your phone number and you give them your victum's number.  Then printed on the recite you will see thier name.  If you are feeling really tricky you can ask the guy for your target's address. 

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 06:03:12 PM »
... I blame the paranoia that comes from a post-9/11 world, in which we live in tightened security that gets tighter everyday.

If we quit social-engineering information out of teenage video store employees and then using that information to pester, defame, harass, or otherwise torment innocent people, then the terrorists will truely have won.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 06:10:40 PM by Colonel Panic »

z09

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 06:15:41 PM »
I disagree.  When they get ahold of a cactus is when they win.