Author Topic: What's the worst you can get away with in high school these days?  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Jersey

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-5
Re: What's the worst you can get away with in high school these days?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 08:48:48 PM »
  I got at least one per year from 1st to 8th.

Some might say that explains some things.

Did you go to Catholic school or something? I couldn't imagine public schooling getting away with something like that... but then again times have changed a lot. A teacher in my school was suspended or something like that because he zipped up some girl's jacked because her chest was hanging out, and the guy is in no way someone who would ever try to feel a girl up or anything in the school... just another case of over exaggerated BS caused in order to try and get some money out of it.
And if a teacher in public school ever tried to discipline a student with something like a paddle nowadays, it would probably be all over the news in a heartbeat.
Aaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »
Did you go to Catholic school or something? I couldn't imagine public schooling getting away with something like that... but then again times have changed a lot.

Nah, it was public schools.  I'm pretty sure all the public schools at the time paddled.  Some of the female teachers wouldn't do it, I guess because they just sucked at it.  So they'd send us either to the principal (he was the worst) or one of the male teachers.  In class, you'd sometimes hear a few whacks from down the hall when someone in another class would get it and everyone would wince and comment on it.

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 09:44:14 PM »
Anyone else here get paddled?  From 1st to 8th grade, they would bend us over and smack us as hard as they possibly could with a wooden paddle.  I got at least one per year from 1st to 8th.  The number of hits you got depended on how much the teacher hated you.  I think my average was 3 smacks.

that's the olden days for you
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline Amok

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-1
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 02:13:48 AM »
I stole a video capture card from a discarded PC.  Yeah I was hardc0re like that.

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 02:38:02 AM »
What was cool in my old school is the rule that if a teacher hit you , you had 3 seconds to hit back , only hands allowed. So the teachers generally didn't get corporal.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 06:16:33 AM »
When I was in elementary school I was threated with a paddling with a leather strap by a female principal. I never knew anyone who actually got beaten with it, but apparently it was available for use.

Of course, this was the midwest, and everything assbackwards out there.

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 09:12:31 AM »
All the teachers in the 2nd floor of the building got new computers at the beginning of the year. They are outrageously more expensive than what they really require, which is something to check their email and type in Microsoft word. They have either 512 or 1 Gig of ram in them. I'm guessing 1GB because on the boxes they came in, It said they could run vista. I wonder if they would notice if one of those 512 Ram sticks went missing...
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 02:54:15 PM »
When I was in elementary school I was threated with a paddling with a leather strap by a female principal. I never knew anyone who actually got beaten with it, but apparently it was available for use.

Of course, this was the midwest, and everything assbackwards out there.

Indiana public schools used corporal punishment. Only instead of a strap it was a wooden paddle with holes in it at my school. I think in the four years I was in that elementary school I got paddled at least five or six times. I wasn't a bad kid. I just got caught a lot.

The worst thing I got away with was in high school when me and the other kids from the Advanced Computers class (Read as: Network Administrators slaves) wired all the sound from the computers in the lab together so that if one played a sound all the speakers on all the computers would play it. Then we installed hackit and played a Metallica song on winamp and hid it with hackit. So all the computers were playing the song at the same time, at full blast and there was no way to tell which computer it was coming from.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline ryanfido

• I smoke rocks.
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-60
  • You think you know? You have no brain.
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2007, 10:15:52 PM »
The "hands-off" policy changed very dramatically within a couple years in the late 90s, at least here. In elementary school, we played extremely violent soccer, so violent that it was more "beat up the guy with the ball." That was cool.

Yes, smear the queer was quite fun in my days of elementary school (1990-1996)

Offline ryanfido

• I smoke rocks.
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-60
  • You think you know? You have no brain.
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 10:19:24 PM »
I am in High school and the worst I got away with was krazy glueing down 4 quarters around the school. I  Later tried writing "Tomorrow is the day" on a sheet of paper and dropped it in the hall and I got arrested. I told the cops it ment it was the day I got a PSP but they told me the school was pressing charges and they had to arrest me anyway. Eventhough It didn't have school, bomb, or blow up written on the paper the school still won the case. >:(
And thats why I went into haxoring. ;D

Yeah, I bet you're really elite too. Looking up names in the phonebook, or known as "phonebooking" is not considered elite as this is not 1959.

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 05:59:21 PM »
Anyone else here get paddled?  From 1st to 8th grade, they would bend us over and smack us as hard as they possibly could with a wooden paddle.  I got at least one per year from 1st to 8th.  The number of hits you got depended on how much the teacher hated you.  I think my average was 3 smacks.

that's the olden days for you
James (the bitch) got punched by Mrs. Somers. That's hard to do considering she was a really nice teacher. He was even a teacher's bitch. He whined for a long time after that. Corporal Punishment you never fail to amuse.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 09:17:50 PM »
I wasn't too bad of a kid, but I had a teacher in middle school that I really couldn't stand. His girlfriend had just broken up with him and he'd come to class hung over or after really long sleepless nights and complain about things like not being able to afford his mortgage and birds taking shits on his new truck.

He was the kind of guy that picked up change, so we'd start leaving change in his classroom, glued to desks, on the floor, on his seat, etc, etc. We'd spell out words and (one time) an entire message. He would always scold us but take the change anyway "to teach us a lesson". I must have wasted $20 trying to fuck with his head.

Oh yeah, the locker next to mine was empty and didn't lock, so my locker partner, myself, and some other people in our wing started filling it with garbage. Someone else got busted for it after a janitor saw him try to shove a milk carton in and a ton of rotting garbage spilled out instead. We weren't allowed back to our locker for like, 2 days while the decontaminated everything. Last time I visited the middle school, that locker still smells like shit.

In middle and high school, I would delete random files from people's personal folders that I didn't like, though I was overshadowed by the "troubled" kid that erased the entire student directory at least twice.

I never really got busted for anything in high school, but I was questioned by federal agents after I taught someone how to use IP-Relay and he then used it to send in a bomb threat from our computers class. It was just our luck that when the local police/administrators searched the school, they found a 'weapon and possible explosive device' dumped in a trash can (someone took a stolen exacto knife and an electromagnet out of class and dumped them in a trash can earlier in the day). Pretty shitty.