Author Topic: Working under a fake name  (Read 12152 times)

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
Re: Working under a fake name
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 03:46:45 PM »
Here in CA they check your credit, even for the shittiest apartment. You might be ok renting a room from somebody though.
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline Dr. Craven Moorehead

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +7/-2
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 04:04:54 PM »
If I try and rent an apartment with a fake name and SIN number, will the landlord actually take the time to check it?

Most likely yes.  The good news is that it will come up with no history.  Tell him that you never applied for credit, that this is your first apartment, etc and unless the landlord is a total dick and have a huge list of people to rent to, you'll be fine.
meatphone jerky

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 04:51:51 PM »
Don't be misled, many landlords won't bother with credit checks. You're looking for a small cheap place just for yourself, right? Plenty of landlords are too cheap to pay for a credit check, especially small-time landlords who own two-family homes or who converted their basement into an apartment for a few extra bucks. Ask them over the phone if they own any other rental property. If the answer is no, they probably won't do a credit check.

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 05:17:45 PM »
Don't be misled, many landlords won't bother with credit checks. You're looking for a small cheap place just for yourself, right? Plenty of landlords are too cheap to pay for a credit check, especially small-time landlords who own two-family homes or who converted their basement into an apartment for a few extra bucks. Ask them over the phone if they own any other rental property. If the answer is no, they probably won't do a credit check.

The last 3 places I've rented from, the landlord charged me for the credit check ($25 each time) and did it online, probably through experian.
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline Jordi

• Simply put, I rule.
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-8
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 09:07:52 PM »

The last 3 places I've rented from, the landlord charged me for the credit check ($25 each time) and did it online, probably through experian.

Landlords not only have the option of pulling your credit file, but can also pull your rental history from one of the many new reporting agencies. I can't remember, but I believe Experian is working with a company on a special credit/rental file for landlords.

Zazen, I would have to agree with you, many mom and pop landlords do not bother to check credit. An application and an interview is sufficient. Now the bigger property management companies are known to pull credit. I guess it depends on how big the units are and how big the landlord is. I work in the finance industry and look at credit reports all day long. Rarely do I see any type of credit checks done on a potential renter.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 09:55:48 PM »
It'd probably be easier to just look in the classifieds for people who want a roommate and give them cash every month.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

zon.doubt

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 08:45:48 AM »
I used to use nobelcat templates to create novelty I.D.
And supposedly, out there somewhere is a version of nobelcat that connects directly to the D.M.V.
Although I'm sure that a remote terminal could be emulated once the protocol was disected.

www.greendotonline.com is the place to get prepaid gift cards with "your" name embossed on them.

As long as the property management firm believes your I.D. then the credit that they check is going to be fine, as long as it's not yours.

For some really good information on anonymity check out www.freebooter.com

Offline deviate8

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 04:41:42 AM »
does anyone out there know where I could download a copy of nobelcats?????

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 07:07:59 AM »

Is that like Battletoads?

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 07:35:47 AM »

Only the Wii version... I also recently learned from a gamestop in Hawaii that micro$oft will no longer be making Xbox or Xbox 180 games, so my request for a copy of the kid's game 'Happy Scrappy Hero Pup' will most likely be delayed until a 360 release... damn them...
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline m0rdekai

• IBA IBA IBA
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-28
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 08:30:55 AM »

Only the Wii version... I also recently learned from a gamestop in Hawaii that micro$oft will no longer be making Xbox or Xbox 180 games, so my request for a copy of the kid's game 'Happy Scrappy Hero Pup' will most likely be delayed until a 360 release... damn them...
you know why its called a 360?

Careful Nod.  He's just a very clever spambot. 

Your moms a spambot.