Author Topic: Shoplifting?  (Read 19305 times)

Offline bamf23

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
Shoplifting?
« on: November 22, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »
So I remember back in high school some friends of mine claimed you could shoplift almost anything from a chain store like wal-crap and not get caught doing it.........I went one time to see how this was done cause they wouldn't tell anyone.  So three of us go in and grab a shopping cart.  The first item we put in the buggy is what we want, maybe a few more things as well.  Then go into the clothes and lay some big shirts on top of the other merch.  Continue shopping around.  After some time tell your friends "I don't think this shirt will fit you" , he replys "I think it will"  blah blah blah tell him to try it on before you buy it.  He goes into the dressing room and you hand him the big shirt folded over with some merch under it.  After the door is shut he yanks out a knife, cuts the package open and hides it in his cargo pants or jacket, etc.  Then messes the shirt up to make it look like it was tried on, and hands it back to you still folded over with empty package inside....you can guess the rest prolly.  Just shop around and eventually just park the buggy somewhere and walk outside.....oh on a side note, they started putting those anti theft tabs in electronics battery compartments, so check for those.

Enjoy ;D

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
Re: Shoplifting?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 09:16:30 PM »
So I remember back in high school some friends of mine claimed you could shoplift almost anything from a chain store like wal-crap and not get caught doing it.........I went one time to see how this was done cause they wouldn't tell anyone.  So three of us go in and grab a shopping cart.  The first item we put in the buggy is what we want, maybe a few more things as well.  Then go into the clothes and lay some big shirts on top of the other merch.  Continue shopping around.  After some time tell your friends "I don't think this shirt will fit you" , he replys "I think it will"  blah blah blah tell him to try it on before you buy it.  He goes into the dressing room and you hand him the big shirt folded over with some merch under it.  After the door is shut he yanks out a knife, cuts the package open and hides it in his cargo pants or jacket, etc.  Then messes the shirt up to make it look like it was tried on, and hands it back to you still folded over with empty package inside....you can guess the rest prolly.  Just shop around and eventually just park the buggy somewhere and walk outside.....oh on a side note, they started putting those anti theft tabs in electronics battery compartments, so check for those.

Enjoy ;D

Wow. A stupid way of stealing shit from walmart used by middle schoolers to get the latest GTA for free.
Fantastic scam. Thanks for sharing it.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 10:17:28 PM »
Most items worth stealing have the security tags somewhere inside the box now.  But I guess if you're ditching the packaging, that's not such a problem.  Any method you come up with for shoplifting has been tried before and security knows all about it.  Not to sound so negative, but anyone who shoplifts regularly will eventually be caught.  There's just no way around it.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 03:50:55 AM »
Not to sound so negative, but anyone who shoplifts regularly will eventually be caught.  There's just no way around it.

That's why I only shoplift sporadically.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +37/-36
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 10:19:58 AM »
Always remember this:

You haven't technically stolen anything until you've left the store. Walmart employees are not allowed to catch you until you exit the building. If they see you putting stuff in your jacket or acting suspicious, they will get a few workers to stand outside the exits and wait for you to come out. If you think somebody saw you, go near the exit and see if anybody is standing out there waiting for you. If you see anyone just standing there for no reason, whether they are in Walmart uniform or not, abort mission. Put all your loot back and walk out. If they stop you and ask you to empty your pockets, show them you haven't stolen anything.

My technique for the ultimate Wal-Mart heist is a combination of the box stuffing technique and the decoy alarm maneuver:

• Go to Wally World, do some reconnaissance, buy a cd, go home, keep receipt and bag.
  • One week later, give receipt and bag to friend, put a razor blade in your pocket, drive to Wal-mart with friend in his car and park in another store's lot. Leave your friend to wait in the car for your call and head on into Wal-Mart.
  • Get a cart and a big box to put in it, like one of those inflatable kiddie pools. Put the box in so the barcode is on top, where the cashier can scan it with the gun. Go somewhere secluded and cut the tape on the box so you have a flap.
  • Push the cart around and discreetly put your swag in the box and extra cheap stuff like toothpaste and what-have-ya in the cart itself.
  • Wander around aimlessly for a bit, but look like you are shopping. Ditch the cart in a secluded area. Head for the exit, buy a soda from the vending machine, and check and see if anyone is waiting outside. If they are, check the other exits like the garden department. If it looks like people are waiting for you, or you simply have a really bad feeling about it, abort mission. If not, go get the cart.
  • Once you have the cart back, call your buddy and tell him it's time. His job is to walk in with that bag and receipt in his pocket. He goes to the cd section and buys that exact same cd you bought and puts it in the bag.
  • This is it. The getaway. Your friend takes the bagged cd and waits a short distance from the exit looking at stuff on the shelf. You go through checkout, get everything scanned and paid for, and get ready to go through the sensors, but before you get close to them, break out your phone and call your friend and tell him to go through. Right after he sets off the alarm, go through the sensor while it is ringing. If you timed it right, it will look like he set the alarm off and not you and the greeter will leave you alone and check his bag, only to find a receipt. If they ask to check your cart, don't panic. Let them check it. There's a good chance they will simply think it's a glitch in the system or something (they are Wal-Mart employees, after all) but if they open that box and see all the loot, just walk out of the store. If they don't do that, roll your cart on out of that store and have your friend quickly walk to the other stores lot and gets the car. You kill some time in the parking lot while acting natural, like talking on your phone, and when your friend pulls up in his car, load up the loot and head home.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 10:21:51 AM by z3wb »
Huh?

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 11:17:10 AM »
You've done this yourself, zewb? It seems way too complex for any normal person to pull off, granted, I've seen people just walk out the door of Wal-mart with 19'' flatpanel TVs.

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »
It sounds made up.

What is the point of buying a CD beforehand if your friend is just going to buy another one? Presumably he'll get his own bag and receipt and he doesn't need yours.

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 07:04:39 PM »
What is the point of buying a CD beforehand if your friend is just going to buy another one? Presumably he'll get his own bag and receipt and he doesn't need yours.

Well, if it's a good CD...
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 07:55:18 PM »

Well, if it's a good CD...
...torrent it if you have no problem with stealing. Shoplifting digital media is ridiculous unless you don't have access to the internet.

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 08:53:05 PM »
It sounds made up.

No, he doesn't buy another CD. He takes that exact same CD off the shelf and walks through the sensor with it to make it go off, but he won't get in trouble because he has the receipt.
Huh?

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 07:42:31 AM »
Unless they notice that the receipt is dated a full week ago?

It sounds made up.

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 08:13:45 AM »
They aren't going to check the date on the receipt. They are Wal-Mart greeters, for god sake.

But seriously, though, I never tried this, nor claimed to have tried it, it's just a crazy plan I thought up, and I really don't recommend doing it unless you REALLY know what you are doing. It could very well work if executed properly, but the more you steal at one time, the more likely you are to get caught. Small amounts are always going missing from Wal-Mart all the time, but Wal-Mart is making such high profits that it doesn't even matter. It's the big inventory losses that Wal-Mart is concerned with, like $3,000 worth of shit disappearing in one day. For this reason, it's much wiser to take small amounts randomly.

For example, don't go to a store for the sole purpose of stealing. Just steal a little whenever you happen to be shopping. For example, if you are buying clothes, put on a few extra shirts underneath your hoodie in the fitting room. Whenever you go grocery shopping, eat food off the shelf. Put an fancy watch or some jewelry in your big gulp every once in while. Be creative.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 07:30:25 AM by z3wb »
Huh?

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 06:43:03 PM »
It's the big inventory losses that Wal-Mart is concerned with, like $3,000 worth of shit disappearing in one day. For this reason, it's much wiser to take small amounts randomly.

This is terrible advice. For years Wal-mart has had a policy of vigorously prosecuting shoplifters that steal any amount of merchandise. I used to have one of their anti-shoplifting training manuals; the only people that got any kind of leniency were persons over 65 (not sure why, but they did). I heard that they've recently relaxed this policy, but it's still a bad idea. The LP staff has been doing zero-tolerance for years and the guy who gets you may not have seen the new memo.

Edit: Looks like the new policy is publicly available:
Quote from: http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/13/news/companies/walmart_shoplifters/index.htm
The New York Times reports the change in policy, citing internal documents from Wal-Mart that say it will now only press charges against those between the ages of 18 and 64 who take at least $25 worth of goods. Formerly its policy was to press charges against anyone who took at least $3 in goods.

(snip)
Wal-Mart told the paper it would closely track shoplifters it did not have arrested, and would ask that they be prosecuted after a second incident. It will also seek the prosecution of all suspected shoplifters who threaten violence or fail to produce identification, no matter how much they are trying to steal, according to the report, which said professional shoplifters often do not carry ID in order to avoid arrest.

So they still drag you into the office for any lift, and if it was a few shirts under your hoodie or a fancy watch in your soda, you're still busted. If you don't have ID with you, you're still busted.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 06:53:43 PM by Zazen »

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 04:09:23 AM »
I see people steal from Wal-Mart all the time. Wal-Mart knows that it would cost more money to do anything about the shoplifters than it would to just let them steal.

In any case, I don't care if I do get caught. Wal-Mart is owned by a bunch of motherfuckers, and it would be immoral to not steal shit from them.
Huh?

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 04:33:33 AM »
I see people steal from Wal-Mart all the time. Wal-Mart knows that it would cost more money to do anything about the shoplifters than it would to just let them steal.

In any case, I don't care if I do get caught. Wal-Mart is owned by a bunch of motherfuckers, and it would be immoral to not steal shit from them.

Which is the same reason why it's okay to rape babies and then kill them so you can drink their blood. The little bastards are just begging for it with all that crying they do.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt