Author Topic: United Phone Losers?  (Read 9233 times)

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
United Phone Losers?
« on: May 02, 2008, 05:04:02 PM »
Sensing a lack of smart-assed remarks and general criticism directed towards me, I'm going to ask you kids what you think. I bought the phonelosers.net back about a year ago, got excited about working with it again, and then promptly forgot about it and let the site go down for a while. Right now i have it simply hosting the old UPL zine issues.

My question for you is, if I decide i do actually want to maintain and active UPL site, what would you like to see come from this site? what projects do you want to see? do you want to see the zine active again? should we do something better? what should the site actually be like? what will make it appealing to you?

this post is a bad idea, isn't it?

Offline nova

• El Fireman
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +25/-83
Re: United Phone Losers?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 06:42:13 PM »

yes it is.
actually i think it would be cool to see upl come back.would you need staff for the zine if its brought back?if so, im game.the cops took away novagram so im not really doing anything.I read upl more than pla anyway
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 06:52:11 PM by nova »

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 06:48:59 PM »
I'd like to see an update detailing every time you've had sex ever since you discovered it and ditched the phonelosers.

I KEED, I KEED!

I'd dig seeing a regularly updated zine again, even if zines are like omg soo 1997.  I liked the way the UPL zine was evolving towards the end of its old run.  I wouldn't mind seeing something that walked a line between what UPL was doing and the serious, techy stuff that SysFail did, but I always did love the PLA/UPL sense of not taking itself too seriously.

Most of all, though, what I'd like to see is issues released on a regular basis.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline ErrorLoading

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +15/-4
    • ErrorLoading.Net
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 06:50:19 PM »
My dad specifically told me that I can not ever visit this site if you guys start up again. I don't want to get grounded again, so please don't.
"If I have enough then you may not have one."

Offline nova

• El Fireman
  • PLA Corporate Drone
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »
My dad specifically told me that I can not ever visit this site if you guys start up again. I don't want to get grounded again, so please don't.

if starting upl again gets errorloading grounded, do it

MegaKitsune

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 10:22:44 PM »

Here is a fire.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 10:49:30 PM »
In the time honored spirit of ripping me off, I think you should start up a podcast and do occasional YouTube videos.

Offline errorloadingsdad

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 10:54:06 PM »

You're grounded mister.

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 06:09:14 AM »
My question for you is, if I decide i do actually want to maintain and active UPL site, what would you like to see come from this site? what projects do you want to see? do you want to see the zine active again? should we do something better? what should the site actually be like? what will make it appealing to you?

It is a bad idea. What are your answers to those questions? You can't stay motivated churning out content that you're not excited about yourself.

Offline nova

• El Fireman
  • PLA Corporate Drone
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 11:05:10 AM »

Here is a fire.

dude, you know how i get when i see fire

Offline linear

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »

It is a bad idea. What are your answers to those questions? You can't stay motivated churning out content that you're not excited about yourself.

i'm excited about community involvement in the site.

BALL IS IN YOUR COURT, BRO.

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »
i'd love to see the resurrection of the UPL zine.  i really enjoy reading the old UPL issues...not only are they fun, but i really appreciate the fact that they're written in a way that novices can read them, learn a lot, and not feel spoken down to.
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline nova

• El Fireman
  • PLA Corporate Drone
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 01:42:48 PM »
not only should you bring back the upl zine , but you should have an active site

ex:
prank call section
forums
shoutbox
pics
blog
podcast
fruitwall
arcade
etc..

sort of like this site except for the fact that everything here is outdated.

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »
i'm excited about community involvement in the site.

BALL IS IN YOUR COURT, BRO.

Well, I hope you can keep that up. Good luck with that.

Offline linear

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 04:06:21 PM »
i was being facetious.