Author Topic: Black Friday store pranks  (Read 41139 times)

Offline kingmob

• Stupid Post Maker
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-2
  • Low-level employee
Re: Black Friday store pranks
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2010, 10:40:12 AM »
Sealing the entrance doors the night before has always yeilded hilarious results; both from the shoppers and employees.

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-8
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2010, 03:00:51 PM »
Any stories from today?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2010, 05:20:04 PM »
I stopped by a couple Wal-Marts today, only to find out that all of the phones on posts have disappeared at both stores.  At the first store, they'd removed the blue tape from the top of all the posts and there were no phone jacks on the posts from where phones used to be.  At that store, the paint department had a Cisco 7960 phone.

At the second store, the blue tape was still on all the posts and there were phone jacks on all of them still.  But there were no phones.  The phones in the paint department and the fabric department were the old style Wal-Mart phones.

So I guess it's a nationwide thing.  The days of answering calls for Wal-Mart customers is finally over.

Offline Acidpez

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +7/-10
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2010, 09:39:44 PM »
fail

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 12:56:15 AM »
This old trick will work at anyplace that has CD players

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/edXyTi8xB1I&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/edXyTi8xB1I&rel=1</a>

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2011, 10:57:54 AM »
Here's my rough Black Friday plan for this year that I'll probably never follow through on even though it's the best idea ever. 

Step 1: I will call up electronics departments at various Wal-Marts in my area and get them to tell me which brand of cordless phones their employees use in that department. 

Step 2: I will look up the instruction manuals for those cordless phones and see how easy it is to register an extra handset to their base unit.  If seems easy enough, I will buy a handset from eBay.

Step 3: Before Black Friday, I will drive to that Wal-Mart and either reach over the counter to register the handset myself, or I'll call the electronics department from my cell phone and walk the employee through the steps to register it.

Step 4: Answer calls all day on Black Friday, without the hassle of employees busting me nonstop for playing on their store phones.  I'll just look like an ordinary guy, walking around the store and talking on a cordless phone.

Any thoughts?  Have I thought my cunning plan all the way through?  If I get this all working, I can probably rig an earpiece for the phone that will make me look like an ordinary guy using a late-90's-era cell phone earpiece.  I could even wire a digital recorder into it for better recordings.

I've been wanting to do something like this ever since I noticed that all Targets and Wal-Marts use digital cordless phones in their electronics departments.  It seems like if I can get them to register my cordless phone handset, then it will work forever.  I could go in there and answer their phones for YEARS without them figuring it out.  I don't see how it could stop working, aside from them deciding to upgrade their cordless phones.

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »
I think the cordless phone trick is a good idea. Make sure you also get the extension for their PA system. Fred Meyer's all over again.

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2011, 06:17:27 PM »
sounds like a pretty great idea to me... especially with the addition of the headset.

only problem i might see is that they may think that you stole the handset from the store unless you somehow bring it to security before going into the store with some lame story like you brought it with you because you need to replace the batteries or something, and want to make sure you get the right ones, or you want to see if they have the same model because one of your handsets is broken...

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2011, 06:48:50 PM »
only problem i might see is that they may think that you stole the handset from the store unless you somehow bring it to security before going into the store with some lame story like you brought it with you because you need to replace the batteries or something, and want to make sure you get the right ones, or you want to see if they have the same model because one of your handsets is broken...

Oh yeah, good point.  I'll have to carve my name into it with a soldering gun or something.  Maybe fill up the phone book memory with my own numbers, just for extra proof that I'm not a shoplifter.

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2011, 07:46:47 PM »
Here's my rough Black Friday plan for this year that I'll probably never follow through on even though it's the best idea ever. 

Step 1: I will call up electronics departments at various Wal-Marts in my area and get them to tell me which brand of cordless phones their employees use in that department. 

Step 2: I will look up the instruction manuals for those cordless phones and see how easy it is to register an extra handset to their base unit.  If seems easy enough, I will buy a handset from eBay.

Step 3: Before Black Friday, I will drive to that Wal-Mart and either reach over the counter to register the handset myself, or I'll call the electronics department from my cell phone and walk the employee through the steps to register it.

Step 4: Answer calls all day on Black Friday, without the hassle of employees busting me nonstop for playing on their store phones.  I'll just look like an ordinary guy, walking around the store and talking on a cordless phone.

Any thoughts?  Have I thought my cunning plan all the way through?  If I get this all working, I can probably rig an earpiece for the phone that will make me look like an ordinary guy using a late-90's-era cell phone earpiece.  I could even wire a digital recorder into it for better recordings.

I've been wanting to do something like this ever since I noticed that all Targets and Wal-Marts use digital cordless phones in their electronics departments.  It seems like if I can get them to register my cordless phone handset, then it will work forever.  I could go in there and answer their phones for YEARS without them figuring it out.  I don't see how it could stop working, aside from them deciding to upgrade their cordless phones.

That might work if they use off the self cordless systems but I wouldn't be surprised if they have custom made systems like hotels custom made TVs with no inputs.

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2011, 07:49:45 PM »
May not even have to go inside the store if you can pick up a signal outside

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
Call a few days before Black Friday saying you're from corporate taking an inventory of the store phones. They might be dumb enough to give the model info there.

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2011, 11:33:48 PM »
May not even have to go inside the store if you can pick up a signal outside

possibly not to use the phone - but it is probably likely that he will have to get to the base to register the handset...

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »
I hope I'll get some range on the cordless so I don't have to hang out too close to electronics the whole time, but I doubt the phone will reach all the way outside.  That would sure be nice, though, just to sit in my car and take calls.  I have to be inside anyway, though, just to hear the overhead pages to the different departments.

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2011, 04:23:05 PM »
problem... do you know what kind of phone system that they have and how to pick up parked calls on that system with a POTS phone?