Author Topic: Yard Sale Anyone?  (Read 13286 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Yard Sale Anyone?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 09:07:48 AM »
We should do this again. Consider the first mob a beta test or something, and get more people involved next time.

This Saturday I'm getting up at 5am and mobbing this place.  No, I really will this time.  Okay, maybe 5:30 or 6.  But I'll be there.  Feel free to join me if you want.  I'm moving this topic temporarily to the General Discussions.  I know this increases the odds that the radio station will find out beforehand, but I've just announced the phone mob to all 1,093 of our members via email so I want everyone to be able to read this. 

This Saturday is the forums 3rd anniversary, so this will be a great way to celebrate!

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 09:08:20 AM »
a phone mob?

this saturday?

count me in!  i may be slightly tired and/or hung over thanks to the punk show i'm going to on friday night, but i <3333333 phone mobs!
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline greenhippo33

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-9
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 09:17:51 AM »
Im in for this ill get in bed extra early so I can get up in time WOO HOO!!!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 09:27:10 AM »
I just listened to Magus' clips of last Saturday.  Pretty funny stuff.  Damn that Richard Cardo for giving us away though.  He'll be the bane of our existence! 

For everyone visiting this thread because of my spam, the mobbing will be happening 8:00am EST and 5:00am PST this Saturday.  All you have to do is show up in this thread and click on the link in the first post for instructions on calling into the show.  See you there!

Offline CerealKiller

• Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-30
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2009, 09:45:32 AM »
I can toss one in before class.
You're Killing Me Smalls!

Offline dennisr

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-4
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2009, 09:46:01 AM »
Is wcmp radio auction still on the air? I miss the guy from that show harassing me.

Offline Snick422

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2009, 01:18:45 PM »
I am so in!

Offline Pyloninator

• Well Said Robin!
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 02:39:33 PM »
I'm so in. Even so, i'll be calling from Out of state on a cellphone.

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »
I'm excited.

FYI to everyone, the screener was easy to get past but he did start quizzing me more rigorously as the show went on. When you call be prepared to tell him your name and what you're selling, and once the pranks start he'll ask where you are, your phone number, and maybe a question or two about the item. He rejected me one time because I couldn't respond naturally enough.

For the phone number, make up a 314 area code number. To answer the "where are you" question I used this list of St Louis neighborhoods from Wikipedia:

Among the best-known, architecturally significant, or well-visited neighborhoods are Downtown, Midtown, Benton Park, Carondelet, the Central West End, Clayton/Tamm (Dogtown), Dutchtown South, Forest Park Southeast, Grand Center, The Hill, Lafayette Square, LaSalle Park, Old North St. Louis, Compton Heights, Princeton Heights, Shaw (home to the Missouri Botanical Garden and named after the Garden's founder, Henry Shaw), Southampton, Southwest Garden, Soulard (home of the second-largest Mardi Gras festival in the nation), Tower Grove East, Tower Grove South, Hortense Place (one of the city's private places, home to many grand mansions), Holly Hills, St. Louis Hills, and Wydown/Skinker.

Offline greenhippo33

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-9
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »
I'm excited.

FYI to everyone, the screener was easy to get past but he did start quizzing me more rigorously as the show went on. When you call be prepared to tell him your name and what you're selling, and once the pranks start he'll ask where you are, your phone number, and maybe a question or two about the item. He rejected me one time because I couldn't respond naturally enough.

For the phone number, make up a 314 area code number. To answer the "where are you" question I used this list of St Louis neighborhoods from Wikipedia:

Among the best-known, architecturally significant, or well-visited neighborhoods are Downtown, Midtown, Benton Park, Carondelet, the Central West End, Clayton/Tamm (Dogtown), Dutchtown South, Forest Park Southeast, Grand Center, The Hill, Lafayette Square, LaSalle Park, Old North St. Louis, Compton Heights, Princeton Heights, Shaw (home to the Missouri Botanical Garden and named after the Garden's founder, Henry Shaw), Southampton, Southwest Garden, Soulard (home of the second-largest Mardi Gras festival in the nation), Tower Grove East, Tower Grove South, Hortense Place (one of the city's private places, home to many grand mansions), Holly Hills, St. Louis Hills, and Wydown/Skinker.

So i guess it would get to obvious if I keep giving my normal address I always use of 3801 W Cactus Rd Phoenix, AZ 85029

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=3801+W+Cactus+Rd+Phoenix,+AZ+85029&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

:nonsense: :nonsense: If only raven were here and not in jail  :'(

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 03:36:13 PM »
For the phone number, make up a 314 area code number.

That was pretty funny that Magus kept giving them random far away area codes.  For the St. Louis area you can use 314, 636, 573 and 618 without arousing suspicion.  I've been getting emails from old forums members saying they're going to join in on Saturday.  So this could end up being a big one.

Offline sabrebutt

• Toothpaste Salesperson
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-5
  • Ask me about my smile.
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 04:24:25 PM »
I will be there! Sorry I fell asleep last week.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 06:12:13 PM »
For the phone number, make up a 314 area code number.

That was pretty funny that Magus kept giving them random far away area codes.  For the St. Louis area you can use 314, 636, 573 and 618 without arousing suspicion.  I've been getting emails from old forums members saying they're going to join in on Saturday.  So this could end up being a big one.

It's also fun to give the exact same number of the last person who called in. I did that once and it worked. :D

Offline alext9

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-0
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 07:17:26 PM »
are we going to be trying any themes (besides tons of cactus of course)?

I'm gonna try to sell a 10 lb bucket of cat feces!

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »
It's also fun to give the exact same number of the last person who called in. I did that once and it worked. :D

I gave the number for calling in to the show and he didn't even notice.