Author Topic: Vote Rigging  (Read 6807 times)

Offline kingmob

• Stupid Post Maker
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-2
  • Low-level employee
Vote Rigging
« on: December 06, 2010, 06:19:41 AM »
All the basterds here want to go to this lame brewery for our office party and I talked them into making a poll of it so people could vote on the location.  I'll post the link for the poll if anyone wants to vote on where my office will have our holiday party.  I want to go tp the bowling alley and all the prima donna douches here want to go to the brewery.  I want them to be confused when there are more votes than employees as they set it up to be "one vote per person" which means one vote per IP address.  Feel free to share this around other forums and such.  Thanks!

"Thanks to everyone who suggested ideas for our January out-of-the-office get together. We’ve narrowed the options down to the two most popular choices, and if everyone could please vote in this simple poll, we’d appreciate it. J (follow the link below to go to web version of poll)

http://poll.fm/2hu7h   "

Offline RTF

• El teléfono está descolgado.
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +43/-4
  • Rob T Firefly hearts you.
    • me dot net
Re: Vote Rigging
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »
It's an office party, it's going to be awful and miserable no matter where it takes place.  Suck it up, soldier.
| blog | art blog | HOPE | OTH |

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 01:55:48 PM »
I just voted bowling alley for you so you can be miserable in the place you choose.

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:21:51 PM »
bowling is awesome.  seriously, it can make even the most awkward gathering a little more fun.

although, i beg to differ with RTF on this one.  even though most office parties suck, occasionally, they don't.  i have personally experienced one office party that did not suck.
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 08:38:16 AM »
I posted this poll link on my Facebook and at least one other person on Facebook did the same.  I hope this really pisses off people in your office.

Offline kingmob

• Stupid Post Maker
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 10:36:10 AM »
Awesome and thank you!  I was going to do that but a co-worker is a FB friend and would have totally ratted me out.  She's also the one who put the poll together.  So far, there are about 20 more votes than employees and I overheard the woman behind me saying people must be voting twice (from home and from the office).  The more votes we get, the more confused they will be.  Thanks to everyone who votes or passed the poll link along!

Offline kingmob

• Stupid Post Maker
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 10:39:09 AM »
Yeah, it may suck but not as much as if we were all crammed in together at the brewery.  And I like bowling much more than just drinking at some dumb, small brewery.  At the bowling alley, we can do both!

Offline kingmob

• Stupid Post Maker
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 10:58:59 AM »
I can't remember one that didn't suck.  It's like going to a Catholic mass to me. People are there but deep down you can tell they don't want to be there so it ends up being akin to a zombie party with everyone just going through the motions so they can leave.  Bowling may make this one more bearable though.  And drugs.

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 06:44:28 PM »
What would happen, if let's say, you get 5,000 votes for one of the venues and there's only a couple hundred employees voting?

MIB

P.S. I voted for the bowling alley.
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 12:04:38 AM »
The only office party I'd ever had was when I was working at Home Depot. My manager was a MP. So basically it was a man getting drunk, talking about breaking our necks if we got hang overs and then me and another friend just eating mozzarella sticks on our dime.

It was dull. But we talked about killing. A lot.

Offline kingmob

• Stupid Post Maker
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 07:32:29 AM »
I just want to fuck with them because before they posted the poll, they decided that we were going to have it at the Brewery but wanted to make it look like we actually had a say in where we would be going.  They knew a majority of the employees would vote for the Brewery so they set up a pre-rigged vote which I was hoping to de-rig by re-rigging it.

I've been asked by two people if I either hacked the poll or sent the link to my friends, both of which I could honestly deny thanks to you guys. It has caused all kinds of confusion here, especially since I convinced them that I had nothing to do with it.  In fact, people are getting behind on their work because they are spending too much time looking into this.

P.S. Thanks for the vote!

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 06:00:38 PM »
The poll is already closed. 60% voted for the bowling alley. Is this where you had your Christmas party at?

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline kingmob

• Stupid Post Maker
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 04:17:57 PM »
The poll is already closed. 60% voted for the bowling alley. Is this where you had your Christmas party at?

MIB

Nope.  The vote was all an illusion.  They decided to go to the brewery way before they even put the poll up because they knew a majority of the people would vote for the brewery but wanted it to appear like we had a say in where we were going.  Something like that.

However, since the poll got so fucked, both options are out and they are looking for a new place.  At least we're not going to the lame brewery.  Thanks to everyone who helped with this!

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 05:42:24 PM »
i was part of the problem, not the soloution.. i voted for the brewery just to be a dick.. cause thats what i thought the PLA was all about...

Offline RTF

• El teléfono está descolgado.
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +43/-4
  • Rob T Firefly hearts you.
    • me dot net
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 08:09:47 AM »
I say we all converge on kingmob's house, kidnap him, and drag him to the brewery anyway.
| blog | art blog | HOPE | OTH |