Author Topic: Question; paintball guns.  (Read 9152 times)

Offline onetwofive

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
  • oktavamk319->tubepre->PC->skype->yourgrandmother
Question; paintball guns.
« on: October 15, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »
My roommates car got broken into by a wandering crackhead somewhere between 2 and 8 am.  Nobody in the house saw it taking place, but I was trying to think of the best course of action, had I have witnessed it.  Since calling the police in the city of Detroit isn't really an option, as they'll show up four hours after something is happening, I decided a paintball gun might be a better solution.  I've thought about purchasing a 'real' gun in the past and getting a concealed weapons permit, but quickly changed my mind after I realized that in one week, I could have potentially killed 9 waitresses, 2 cashiers, and roughly 30 old people.  Plus, I'm not so sure that a car being broken into necessitates the use of lethal force.  A paintball gun would also make the criminals easily identifiable, so I could also call the police and tell them; "the man who broke into my car is bright orange."

So, does anyone on here go paintballing, and if so, what would you suggest as being lightweight, with little set up time, good cost, and extremely painful upon making contact with human flesh?

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
Re: Question; paintball guns.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 02:18:11 PM »
practice your aim, freeze the paintballs over night. Wear all black and get into a concealed location. Lure the crooks in with something flashy (New sterio) and shoot them as much as you can. They won't come back by your house I guarentee it. (unless they decide to burn it down)
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »
They won't come back by your house I guarentee it. (unless they decide to burn it down)

:D   :D   :D

Offline Illuminati

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-31
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 02:34:03 PM »
Just shoot anybody that gets near your car, it'll send a clear message to anybody that considers breaking into it.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 03:33:45 PM »
Make a small window decal for your car that reads, "This vehicle is protected by a crazy guy with a gun over there in the bushes."

Offline GenRik_pHreaK

• "UnderGround NetWork, Alternative Communication"
  • PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-11
  • "Todays Fone Lines Are No Longer Svelte"
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 05:34:18 PM »
I suggest getting a small handgun style paintball gun, with a 4 oz Co2 bottle... spend the money on paintballs called "Marvelizers" they hurt like shit!!! it will give you a bruise for a few weeks...
"I Hate Milleniums... It Just Makes It Harder For Lazy Phreaks"

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 05:52:44 PM »
Careful with this.  There's always the possiblity that the would-be criminal gets the right lawyer and manages to sue you for his paintball injuries.  You might want to check with the law about the criminal rights angle of this before you go all vigilante.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 07:24:42 PM »
Careful with this.  There's always the possiblity that the would-be criminal gets the right lawyer and manages to sue you for his paintball injuries.  You might want to check with the law about the criminal rights angle of this before you go all vigilante.

Hide the gun somewhere secret, like at your mother's house or something and under floorboards. Wear all black masks and shit, come out of the bushes, shoot the guy, and leave after he's gone. Hide the clothes at mommy's, and go back home. Make sure not to speak. You will be safe.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 08:08:10 PM »
Just hope that the thief doesn't retaliate with a real gun.

Offline onetwofive

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM »
Plausible deniability;

"Well, he was attempting to break into my car, but someone else in the neighborhood heard him messing around, and unloaded what seemed to be paintballs upon him."

"No, it wasn't me shooting him, we just have a real close bond here in the neighborhood, so I guess someone was looking out for me... nobody has claimed responsibility for it, and personally I think it was a little overboard."

I have no fears of some crackhead pressing charges anyway.  90% of the time they talk a huge game, and can't really back it up.  It's the guys stuck on crystal meth that are the real danger.

So I'm off to buy some 'Marvelizers' tomorrow.

Offline nb7899

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-4
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 11:54:03 AM »
It's pretty likely that the guy would run away if you just walked out your door and started yelling at them, but if you do unload on them, I don't think they are going to go straight to the police to tell them their sob story about how someone shot them with an unlethal  gun while they were stealing a car.

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 01:14:15 PM »
Just hope that the thief doesn't retaliate with a real gun.

Car stealing rock-paper-scissors: paint beats criminal, loses to beretta. Criminal also loses to beretta.
To see this post in braille, click here.

CountyKid

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 01:47:29 PM »

Unavaliable for comment.

Offline onetwofive

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »
I'd venture to say that the majority of the petty theft involving cars, such as CD's, ipod's and stereo systems is done by nothing more than people who are seriously addicted to really intense drugs; 'crackheads' for short.  The fear of getting shot by a crackhead in this scenario is slim, for a few reasons;

1.) Window was smashed out.  Any self-respecting criminal wants a clean job.  "Smart businessmen invest in themselves."  You really don't want to fuck with a guy who's got a slim jim, because he's in business, not broke and addicted.

2.) Guns have value.  Pawn shops are swarming with them around here, because crackheads need a fix more than they need protection.

3.) With more practice, I could probably paint a squirrel abstract from the peak of my house from at least 50 yards; remaining totally unseen by the squirrel, and anyone else who cares.  If paintballs fire with roughly the same accuracy as a 'red ryder,' I shall remain ghost at all times.

4.) Someone experiencing pain is going to react by getting the hell out of there, especially if they can't immediately tell where the pain is coming from.

Aside from all of this, I really just feel like having yet another roommate abuse method.

Offline GenRik_pHreaK

• "UnderGround NetWork, Alternative Communication"
  • PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-11
  • "Todays Fone Lines Are No Longer Svelte"
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 03:52:15 PM »
the onyl problem with that is that paintball guns are quit loud so I suggest going to www.sirmailorder.com and ordering a recon marker, and buying the silencer kit.... comes complete with NVGs
"I Hate Milleniums... It Just Makes It Harder For Lazy Phreaks"