Author Topic: Phone Bombs  (Read 8927 times)

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
Re: Phone Bombs
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 10:04:26 AM »
What the site does is aid harrassment. Just because names and phone numbers are public domain, it's illegal to post them for the purpose of harrassment, especially when that harrassment does occur en masse. In addition, the site and forums had directions on how to properly harrass someone and how to use free programs to avoid detection and possible prosecution.

There was most likely no legal action taken because sites like this are so easily taken down, plus the threat of police is usually enough to scare most people away. If PB did get his site back up, especially if it were hosted overseas, you'd better believe they'd eventually come after him (if they could get to him). He's already had his warning; any judge would see that as knowledge that the site shouldn't be up in the first place.

Offline Phone Bomb

• Baby Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
Re: Phone Bombs
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 02:32:35 PM »
If I were brought to court over this, you'd better believe I'd make a huge publicity stunt out of it.  It's not a matter of if I will put it back up; but how, and when.  I'm not paying a penny for overseas hosting, because I'd have no one to go after if they fuck me.  I'm currently talking with several warez site owners who I’m going to technically “sell” the site to, so we'll see what happens.

It shall be a triumphant return, indeed.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:34:09 PM by Phone Bomb »